Parchment North - Week of Nov. 8
- Conference sign-up information below.
- Important Calendar updates - see below.
- If you have not turned in the Household Information Form here is an on-line version. Thank you for helping our students receive funds for important instructional services.
- Thanks for all your support with getting students on their Google Meets:)
- Please fill out the district survey if you haven't had a chance yet - thank you!
- Don't forget to use our website for tech/academic support - please pass this support on to anyone helping students while they are at home.
- Picture Retake Dates: Dec. 15 and 18th - 9:00 to 11:00 - Remote retakes either day at 10:30 AM through the gym door.
- Yearbooks: Option to buy yearbooks was not part of the package this year through Lifetouch. We will hold a separate yearbook sale in the beginning of the year.
- Parchment School District Calendar
November Dates for Calendar
- Nov. 20: No school for students
- Nov. 23: Hybrid A attends - 1/2 day with dismissal at 11:40 for pickup, 12:00 bus
- Nov. 24: Hybrid B attends - 1/2 day with dismissal at 11:40 for pickup, 12:00 bus
- Nov. 23 and 24 Conferences (afternoon and evening)
- Nov. 25 - 27: No School for Thanksgiving Break
Conference Sign Up and Information
We will be using Zoom for our November 23 and 24 virtual conferences (phone call option is available upon request). Please use the following link to sign-up for conference time:
Once on the website, select your child's homeroom teacher. After selecting your child's teacher(s), register your name and email address. The system will then email a link to schedule your conference time.
*If you cannot sign up on-line, please call the office at 488-1400.
Parchment Remote (Non-Hybrid students) Updates
- Packet pickup at HS on Wed. 1:00 to 4:00, if you miss on Wed. you can pick up at North on Thurs. or Friday.
- After Nov. 11, we will be moving to bi-weekly packet pick up.
- Future Dates: Nov. 11, Dec. 2, Dec. 16
- Remember to check email regularly for information from remote teachers - thank you!
- Please remind students to check email regularly on their at home learning days.
- For hybrid at home learning days, students should continue working on their play books.
- Hybrid students should bring chromebook to school each day.
- Parchment Remote students have a set schedule provided by teachers. Students need to be logging on their designated time throughout the day.
- Use North website to fill out tech/academic support form if you have questions. We have staff available throughout the day to help answer your questions.
- Staff contact information (school phone, google voice and email)
- Tech/academic support form for questions - We have staff available throughout the day to help answer questions.
- Resources for families
- Specific school information and announcements
Here is the link:
You can also find the link on parchmentschools.org - Sites - North Elementary - Quick Link for Remote Learning Website
At Home Learning Sample Schedule
One of the major reasons we are implementing the Playbook method is to offer flexibility to families. While we encourage you to set up a daily schedule, we understand the many challenges families are facing with hybrid and remote learning. Here is a sample general schedule to help for your planning. We created this schedule based on screen time recommendations. Please note, our remote learners will have more google meet sessions in their schedule. This is only a SAMPLE.
9:00 - 9:10:
Check website (homeroom page) and email for any updated information. Students should also check their Google Calendar for any google meet links.
9:30 - 9:50: Work on ELA Playbook
9:50: Movement Break
10:15 - 10:40: Continue work on ELA Playbook
10:40: Movement Break and snack
11:00 - 11:20: Work on Math Playbook
11:20 - 12:30: Lunch and movement
12:30 - 1:00: Continue work on Math Playbook
1:00 - 1:30: Independent Reading Time
1:30: Check email and google calendar for any updated information
When making your schedule the general guideline is 1 - 2 hours of screen time per day for on-line learning, incorporating a balance of physical play and movement. For example, after 20 - 30 minutes working on-line, students should take a break with physical activity.
Stay Connected with Apptegy!
- Create a schedule/checklist together. A schedule is helpful because your child will know what to expect. Using timers can be very motivating to children and help them make work seem more attainable.
- Remind your child to read and reread directions and highlight/underline keywords. Part of this new learning is encouraging students to become more independent learners.
- Have your student check North's website and email daily for any recent information and/or support documents.
- Encourage physical movement in between work sessions.
- If you or your student have questions, whether it's tech or academic related, visit the North website and complete the at home learning support form. We have staff available throughout the day to support our students and families.
School Counselor Information from Mrs. Hyer
School #: 269-488-1457
Google Voice #: 269-290-7258