May 13th, 2020
From the Principal
As we are approaching our last week of school I want to thank everyone for an amazing school year! I am so fortunate to have joined the Sunflower school community.
Here are a few important end-of-year dates, so mark your calendars:
- May 20-Virtual Field Day: We will send more information via email with zoom links so students can join a live event led by Mrs. Riley.
- May 21-5th Grade Promotion/Last Day of School-5th grade parents be on the lookout for an email with more information coming later today or tomorrow.
- May 22- from 9:00-1:00-Student Supply Pick-Up/Material Drop Off-We will do a drive through process for picking up student supplies and dropping off of materials such as library books (students will keep their iPads over the summer). I will send a separate email as it gets closer with the specific protocols and detail for that day.
As always it is an honor to serve as the principal of Sunflower Elementary.
Staffing Changes for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Amy Hinderks
- Emily Baker
- Marisa Snook
- Sarah Spray
Moving Grade Levels/Positions at Sunflower:
- Olivia Johnson is joining our special education team
- Jessica Beauford is moving to 4th grade
- Lensi Heller is moving to 2nd grade
- Amy Le is moving to 3rd grade
Welcome New Staff:
- We would like to extend a warm welcome to Jessica Brown, who will teach first grade at Sunflower next year. She comes to us from Hillcrest Elementary. See more information about Miss Brown below.
From The Office
Please enroll your student for next school year by this Friday, May 15th.
1. Create your PowerSchool parent/guardian portal account. www.usd497.org/PowerSchool
(If you already have an account, please skip to Step 3)
2. Connect your student(s) to your account by using the student access code(s) and password(s) provided by your school. If you misplaced or did not receive them, please contact Ms.Zee from our front office to request access codes and passwords.
3. Complete 2020-2021 Annual Student Registration in PowerSchool. Find detailed instructions here: https://tinyurl.com/y8mumk5l.
Please contact Ms.Zee for further guidance as she will be answering the phone Monday-Friday from 11:00 to 4:30 or via email at email@example.com.
Production of the yearbook was delayed due to COVID. We were notified that we will not receive the yearbooks until July. We will keep the yearbooks at Sunflower until the 2020-2021 school year begins and hand them out in person. If you have a 5th grader or will be moving, we will mail your yearbook to you. If you are moving, please let Nancy (firstname.lastname@example.org) know your new mailing address.