K-2 Wing Newsletter
May 2-6, 2016
NWEA is here! Please adhere to the schedule that was sent to you last week and arrive on time. Bring books to read or an activity to do for when students finish early. They are to sit at their computers quietly while the rest of the class is testing. On Math testing days, remember to bring scratch paper and a pencil for each of your students. Also, bring your students' goal cards to record their scores. If you forget the cards, your scores will be available 24 hours after testing is completed. When reviewing your class' scores, here are some things to look for:
(1) the number of students who began the year on and below grade level and the number of students who ended the year on and below grade level
(2) the amount of growth each student has made from Fall to Spring
(3) the percentage of students who met or exceeded their goal for the year
(4) the percentage of your class who scored above the median score for the grade, at the median score, approaching the median goal (no more than 5 points below the median) and below the median score for the grade level.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
(1) Each team should be meeting at a minimum of once a week. Please provide me with the team's agenda, minutes and sign in sheet.
(2) End of year celebrations: If you have not done so already, please email me your proposed date of the grade level end of year celebration for approval.
(3) Update your grade books weekly. Each scholar should have a minimum of 15 grades in Reading, ELA and Math by the end of the quarter. Science and Social Studies grades are subject to the number of weeks they were taught in the quarter, however, there should be both grades present. (FYI....grade books will be checked soon. Please be sure yours is updated and reflect current grades-not just interim and unit test grades.)
(4) Moral Focus assemblies will resume this Tuesday. The moral focus virtue for the month of May is honesty. Ms. Sow's class will be presenting on Tuesday.
(5) Prior to your summative conference (which will be scheduled for next week), please be sure you have signed off and completed all TKES requirements.
This newsletter serves in lieu of a Monday team meeting during your instructional planning time. Please sign your name on the list outside of my office door stating you have read the information provided in this week's newsletter by COB Tuesday.
Please refer to the weekly bulletin from Ms. Bullen for events and happenings this week.