Weigh the chicken or improve feed?
Converting "data" to usable "information".
Mitch Fowler (@fowlerm) and Andrew Shauver (@hs_math_phys) lead the #MichED discussion on data.
Remember, questions are a guideline and are NOT set for a specific time during the chat. Flow of the conversation will dictate timing and/or question changes.
Q1 - What does data mean to you?
Q2 - How do you use data in a meaningful way?
Q3 - What role should course wide student failure rates play in data decisions?
Q4 - How do you involve students in the assessment process, especially data discussions?Q5 - How do you balance formative, summative, and standardized assessment data?
Q6: What are some examples you have of data walls? (type of data, bonus for pics).
Wednesday, March 11th, 8-9pm
This is an online event.
1. Introduce yourself (name, district, role/responsibility (including grade level)
2. Watch for questions to be tweeted out by moderator (this evening @fowlerm)
3. Questions will be tweeted as “Q1: …………….”
4. Respond with “A1: ………”
5. Don’t forget to include the #miched hashtag!
6. Don’t worry about keeping up. Better to engage with one or two people. Chat will be “storified” (a method for archiving Tweets), tweeted out using #miched and posted to miched.net on Thursday.
7. At the end of the chat, please complete the participation form. We are working toward building a powerful community of engaged educators!