Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal
Week of January 6 - 2020
To the Blue Hills community:
Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a wonderful break and holiday with friends and family. We are already back in the swing of things at BHR.
The term ends on January 24th, and report cards will be issued on January 31st. Please encourage your student to finish the term strong!
Are you checking on your student's grades, discipline, and attendance through our X2 portal? X2 is accessible through our website, or by going to https://ma-bluehills.myfollett.com/aspen/logon.do Parents and students share the same login. If you need help recovering this information, please contact Ms. Wall in the Academic Office at 781-828-5800 x2670.
Communication at BHR
- Main School Number - 781-828-5800
- Absent/Tardy Line - call if your student is going to be absent or late on a given day: 781-828-5800 x2250.
- Questions for teachers - The best way to reach teachers for questions or concerns about student progress is through email. Typically, email addresses are formatted uniformly for all staff (for example, Geoff Zini would be firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Guidance Department - Counselors can be reached via email, and the guidance office can be reached at 781-828-5800 x2260.
- Nurse - Medical issues and questions should be directed to Ms. Joan Gainey, School Nurse, at 781-828-5800 x2230.
- Social Media & Buses - Follow us on Twitter @bhrtech for bus updates and happenings around the school.
- Newsletters - Both the Superintendent's Newsletters and the Principal's Newsletters are posted on the Blue Hills website.
- Automated Phone Calls - We use automated phone calls to announce snow days, late starts, important school information, undocumented absences, report card publications, and other events. If you have not received any calls this year, please contact Julie Pica in the main office at email@example.com. Please send her the appropriate contact information (phone number) in writing so that we can make the changes to our system.
If you reach out to a faculty member or administrator here and do not receive a response within a day or two, please follow up. Sometimes email gets spammed, and phone messages can be unreliable with spotty cell phone coverage and technology glitches. We care about our students and families and want to make sure we leave communication lines open.
Who Needs Sleep?
January 7: District School Committee, 7 p.m.
January 13: Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC), 6 p.m.
January 14: Faculty Meeting (no 3:10 bus!)
January 15: School Council Meeting, 2:20 p.m.
January 16: In-Service, Late arrival for students @ 10:40 a.m.
January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, No School
January 21: District School Committee, 7 p.m.
January 21: Booster Club Meeting, 7 p.m.
January 24: Term 2 Ends
January 27: Anti-Vaping Presentations
January 31: Report Cards Issued