The Falcon Feature
Notes and Updates from Ms. Naylor
In January, we honored the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King and learned about his contributions to Civil Rights. We also had our middle school dance and started the girls' basketball season off.
On February 9th, we will be celebrating our Principal's List and Honor Roll students from first semester with an awards assembly. Teachers will notify parents of students receiving an award.
We are thankful for our collaboration with the Festival Community and appreciate all of you who have expressed your support and partnership with the school. We always encourage anyone with questions or concerns to address them, at the source, through a conversation with school staff. This decreases rumors and misinformation and provides factual and accurate and clarity on our practices and policies. Thank you for being a positive and proactive part of the school-home partnership.
With Falcon Pride,
Please share with us!! Let Principal Naylor know what is going well and what questions or concerns you have so we can address them.
- We have had a lot of students and staff out with many different sicknesses (flu, rsv, covid, etc). We appreciate your help in taking precautions and monitoring for symptoms in your students. Please keep students home if they are not well.
- State Testing April 3-12: Please avoid scheduling appointemtns, trips, or absences during this time if able.
- January 30- February 2nd will be an optional conference window for students who need additional conference time. Please reach out to your child's classroom teacher if you desire to meet either virtually or in person.
- We will recognize Honor Roll and Principal's List students February 9th at 2:00 (3rd-5th) and 2:30 (6th-8th).
A word from our cafe...
Please add money to your child's lunch account or apply for free and reduced lunch HERE.
1) All meals cost $ this year.
2) In order to receive a free or reduced meal, an application must be submitted and approved
3) Per policy EFDA, students are only allowed to charge 3 meals, after that they will be served an alternative meal (cheese sandwich)
4) No lunch charges will be allowed during the last 10 days of school
5) If a student wants a second meal, they must pay regardless of free/reduced status
2/1 PTA Meeting
2/9 Honor Roll Assembly- 2:00 3-5 2:30 6-8
2/13- Lock Down Drill (announced)
2/14 Munchies with Munchkins 7:15-8:00am (Breakfast in the cafeteria)
Valentine Parties in the afternoon
2/20 No School- Presidents' Day
2/23 SOAR Assembly @8:20
3/1 PTA Meeting @ 4pm
3/6-3/9 Read Across America Week (Literacy Activities- Daily Mystery Readers, Buddy Classes, School-wide DEAR, Guest Readers, Door Decorating Contest, Reading Bingo, Design a Silly Hat, March Madness Favorite Book Brackets)
3/9 Movie Night 6-8
3/13-3/17- NO SCHOOL SPRING BREAK
FFES has parent representatives that meet with WUSD Superintendent Dr. Barbara Remondini monthly. Please list any questions or concerns you have for our parent representatives to take to her.
Meet Ms. Naylor
Ms. Naylor loves mountain biking, running, traveling, wakesurfing, skiing, and all things adventurous. She has 3 children- Ray, Gavin, and Elizabeth. Her husband is an F-16 pilot at Luke Air Force Base and a pilot for Delta Air Lines. As a military spouse and child, she has lived in 3 countries and 7 states and has traveled to more than 30 countries. Ms. Naylor is a huge believer in the impact of educators and is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children.