Manatee News 11/15/2021
Manatee Elementary School Newsletter
REMINDER-IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID, CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE!
Attention 6th Grade Families
Applications for Choice Jr./Sr. High Schools for the 2022-2023 school year must be completed online. The window for applications will open on November 1, 2021. Parents can access the online application by visiting the Open Enrollment page of the Brevard Public Schools website at https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/2381 and click on the Family Dashboard. A $30.00 non-refundable fee will be required for all applications. The last day to apply is December 3, 2021.
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 6:30pm in McNair’s Media Center, meet Principal DeLaughter as she speaks about what it takes for a successful transition to middle school. Find out about our unique classes and how you will fit in as a McNair Challenger.
Edgewood will host parent and student informational meetings on Tuesday, November 16, 2021, and November 18, 2021, at 6:00 PM in the Edgewood cafeteria. Interested parents and students are welcome and encouraged to attend one of these meetings. Edgewood is located at 180 E. Merritt Avenue in Merritt Island. For more information, please feel free to contact our school office at 321-454-1030 or email Megan Drever at firstname.lastname@example.org
For prospective student information and minimum admission requirements to attend West Shore Jr./Sr. High School please click HERE
It's the Most Wonderful Time...Of the Year
Next PTO Meeting - Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Contact ManateeVieraPTO@gmail.com if you have any questions.
- Vision & Hearing Screening This event is taking place on Nov 17 &18. We are looking for volunteers to help run this important service. Volunteers will have access to coffee, juice, pastries, and receive a voucher for a free lunch from the cafeteria. If you are interested please signup using this LINK
- Holiday Lobby Decorating, it is almost holiday time! We are looking for a small group of volunteers to decorate the Manatee lobby on Friday November 19th (this is a new date). We have all the decorations and supplies, we just need people who are interested in making the school look festive. If holiday decorating is your thing, please sign-up here
- Holiday Shoppe is always an exciting event at Manatee! We are looking for volunteers, the week of November 29 - December 3, to help children budget their money; wrap gifts; and spread holiday cheer! Sign up here to volunteer.
- Manatee Gives Back runs from November 29 - December 3rd. It is when the grade levels work together to collect and donate items to three local organizations. We are looking for volunteers to help check-in and organize donations. Use the this link if you are interested in helping with this event
- A family member to help with taxes, we are looking for a Manatee family member to help us file our taxes in the spring. If you are interested in learning more please email us at ManateeVieraPTO@gmail.com
** All volunteers must be approved by Brevard Public Schools.**
Visit District and School Security / Volunteers for more information about becoming a registered volunteer.