What is cyber bullying, and how does if affect people?
(Examples of cyber bullying)
- Sending mean messages or threats to a person's email account or cell phone
- Spreading rumors online or through texts
- Posting hurtful or threatening messages on social networking sites or web pages
- Stealing a person's account information to break into their account and send damaging messages
- Pretending to be someone else online to hurt another person
- Taking unflattering pictures of a person and spreading them through cell phones or the Internet
- Over half (52 percent) of young people report being cyber bullied.
- Over half (55 percent) of all teens who use social media have witnessed outright bullying via that medium.
- An astounding 95 percent of teens who witnessed bullying on social media report that others, like them, have ignored the behavior..