Volume 1, Issue 6 - September 22, 2017
We've had another fantastic week at Gentry! Thank you for partnering with us to make our students successful every day!
Interstate Studios will return to Gentry on September 26th from 8-10:15 am to retake photos for those students who would like to have their photos retaken. If your student is having their photo retaken, they will simply need to bring their original photo packet and uncut photos to this sitting.
On this same day, we will also be taking photos of those students who missed having their initial photo taken at our Schedule Pick Up Night. Please be sure that your student has an order form (located in the main office) and money with them to give to the photographer that day or use the code below to pre-order you child's photos. If you have any further questions, please contact Inter-State Studios at 573-449-3090.
Click Here to Pre-Order Student Photos Enter Code: 18686B
All 7th graders will attend Science Camp in the upcoming weeks. Camp will take place at Country Day School located at: 2100 E. Gans Rd, Columbia, MO 65201. Students will attend camp as a team. Transportation will be provided directly to and from school.
- Mrs. Schnake’s classes will be going Thursday October 5th -Friday October 6th.
- Mrs. Duncan’s classes will be going Tuesday October 10th- Wednesday October 11th.
- Mr. Nichol’s classes will be going Thursday October 12th-Friday October 13th.
See attachment for more info.
Students on team 7B will attend Science Camp on October 5th & 6th. Team 7B is still in need of snacks for camp. Any donations will be greatly appreciated!
In accordance with state law, bullying is defined as intimidation, unwanted aggressive behavior, or harassment that is repetitive or is substantially likely to be repeated and causes a reasonable student to fear for his or her physical safety or property; that substantially interferes with the educational performance, opportunities or benefits of any student without exception; or that substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school. Bullying includes, but is not limited to: physical actions, including violence, gestures, theft, or property damage; oral, written, or electronic communication, including name-calling, put-downs, extortion, or threats; or threats of reprisal or retaliation for reporting such acts.
Please, follow this LINK to read the entire bullying policy, definitions, and reporting.
Media Center Minute
- Wow! Last week we had a downpour right when school let out and had lots of library books that were ruined. We have many students that also have to go back and forth to our trailer annexes even when it’s raining. Please consider putting a plastic bag (store bag or baggie) in your student’s bookbag or binder so they can protect books and iPads should it be raining.
- All iPads have been checked out to students now. Students should have a charging station at home where they can get in the routine of charging them every night.
- Students should always have the cover and or keyboard attached to the iPad and the case closed when transporting the item in order to minimize potential for damage.
- If you are having trouble connecting your iPad at home, please look in the iBooks app on your student’s iPad. We have put an instruction sheet there. You do not have to have wifi to connect to iBooks.
- A second trouble shooting tip is to clear the Safari History and reenter your password. To do this select Settings > choose Safari on the left > scroll to the bottom on the right and select “Clear History and Website Data”. Try reconnecting to wifi.
If your student rides their bike to and from Gentry during the week, please be sure to encourage them to lock it to the bike rack that is located by our parking lot while they attend school. We have many students who we observe in the morning that simply roll their bike onto the rack and then walk away without securing it for the day. Better to be safe than sorry!
Jaguars Love Houston
Gentry Middle School students loaded Mr. Clayton's pickup with 38 boxes of school supplies on Thursday. This is the end product of two weeks of hard work by our students for victims of Hurricane Harvey. These supplies are being shipped to Kipp Academy in Houston, TX which has a 90% free and reduced lunch population and whose students have a goal to be the first in their families to attend college. FedEx graciously offered to ship all of these supplies at no cost. Thank you, Gentry families, for showing compassion and empathy toward others by your generosity.
Dates to Remember
September 25 - No School
September 26 - Picture retake day
October 5 & 6 - Science Camp 7B
October 10 & 11 - Science Camp 7A
October 12 & 13 - Science Camp 7C
For practices and games check Gentry website!