Elements of Design
(The Building Blocks used to Create a Work of Art)
- Distances or areas around, between or within components of a piece
- Two types in all artworks:
Negative Space is the area around, under, above, or between the subject or “thing”
For the whole definition, see: http://abt.cm/1RWyUrc
For more info on Henry Moore's work: http://bit.ly/224tYjF
- The surface quality of an object
- The way something feels
- This can be either actual or visual.
For more info about Meret Oppenheim: http://mo.ma/1LUsBgt
Above is the Vocabulary We need to Learn,
Below are Artists Who Inspire!
Watch Chuck Close in the video below...
CBS This Morning - Artist Chuck Close writes note to younger self
Artists Who Help Our World:
Community & Art Organization of the Week:
Healing Icons: Fighting Cancer through Art
- Founder & Creative Director: Heidi Darr-Hope
- Free classes to cancer patients and caregivers
- Helps people use art and creativity to deal with and heal from cancer
Smore Presentation by: Deana Rennick
I teach Art 1, Sculpture, and Advanced Sculpture at Sumter High School in Sumter, South Carolina.