High Schools Newsletter
August 17, 2020
Feel free to provide any feedback on the newsletters. If you wish to share information in the future, send me an email and I will have our Exec. Directors review for publishing.
Don't forget to get your CENSUS done.
By phone 1-844-330-2020
Or by mail
Important Dates and Calendars
2021 Graduation Dates
2020-21 A/B Calendar
A partner's update was held today with OnRamps and representatives across Texas. Due to the Coronavirus circumstances and that ISDs across
Texas have different Start Fall 2020 dates and using various modalities; the start date for OnRamps' courses will be aligned with each ISD's start date for each specific school district. Below are the key points/items that were discussed to allow for flexibility while at the same time maximizing the learning experience for all students:
- Adaptations to new Instructional Modalities: each course Pacing Plan and structure has been updated/adjusted and it has been adapted to a "weekly"format and they have now included HS and college course content for all instructional modalities
- There are synchronous and asynchronous adaptations and recommendations for each course
- This week, OnRamps' teachers will be receiving at minimum Unit #1 which is the content of the first quarter of the semester.
- They will also be distributing the Instructional Modality Support resources
- The Syllabus has been updated and condensed, to allow for flexibility
- They have now rolled out a new tool: College Due Date System to increase flexibility for instructors to determine when assessments will need to happen within a window of time and the instructional modality they are implementing. They are also providing mechanisms for OnRamps' staff to monitor the schedule of assessments to ensure proper pacing.
Dr. Jennifer Porter will be happy to reconnect with the team of HS Principals if the need arises as preparations are made for the start of the new school year.
We have reports of families going to HQ for Student Services. Just FYI - Student Services is not at HQ right now. We are all working remotely. I don't know when we will be back. There are still three easy ways to submit transfers:
- Apply through the Parent Cloud (beginning Jan. 3, 2020). Create a Parent Cloud account. The application is called Online Student Transfer Request.
- New students residing in Austin ISD need to complete online registration (also in the Parent Cloud) before submitting an online transfer request.
- New students who do not reside within AISD boundaries cannot use the online system unless they have previously (or currently) been enrolled in AISD.
- Online transfer requests are for non-tuition Pre-K4 through grade 12.
- Please contact the Office of Early Childhood at 512-414-4790 for information about Pre-K3 and tuition-based Pre-K4.
- Mail transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services, Austin ISD Headquarters, 4000 S. IH-35 Frontage Road, Room 151, Austin 78704.
- Fax transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services at 512-414-4994.
*See attachment file below.
What Else Is Going On In AISD?
Austin ISD Food Services
Fall High School Directory 2020-21