The DMS 5
Weekly News for October 13-17
School News and Events
- All students should complete their Istation learning path for their required minutes by their October tier group to help develop their reading skills. This is done for homework weekly, but may be done in elective classes.
- Peer Helpers are selling American Foundation for Suicide Prevention "Lifesaver Pledges" for $1 during breaks. The proceeds benefit the Out of the Darkness Walk.
- First Priority meets at 7:30 in the library every Wednesday. Everyone is welcome!
- Popcorn is now being sold at break on Wednesdays for $1.
- Cross Country County Championship on October 14 from 4:30-6:30 PM.
- Red Ribbon Poinsettia Pre-Sale through October 16. Proceeds will go towards a vest for the K-9 unit in Daphne.
- Football game verses Fairhope at Fairhope on October 16 from 5-7PM.
- JEAN DAYS to fund school improvement projects are held every Friday for $1.
- End of the Quarter is October 17- noon dismissal
- Report Cards will be mailed home October 24
- Out of the Darkness Walk at Daphne City Hall from 2-4 (Peer Helpers)
- The library is collecting Boxtops for Education to purchase new books!
- Free math tutoring sites where you can type in any topic we are studying and get instant examples are khanacademy.org and virtualnerd.com.
8th Grade Report
- 10/15- Extended break for collecting the most items for the Stock the Closet campaign.
- 10/15 Humanities field trip permission trip forms and money due to Ms. Pendley
- 10/16- ACT EXPLORE test given to 8th grade students
- 10/17- Encore Field Trip Permission slips due to homeroom teachers
- 10/20- Pendley- need The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde book purchased
- Madison test on sentence structure this week
- Waites classes are building bridges and parachutes in lab this week.
- 10/23 Humanities Field Trip from 8:45-11:15 Black Box Theatre Shakespearean Production of "As You Like It".
- 11/7- Pendley Independent Novel Project Due
- 11/7- Encore Field Trip
- Boone's Pre-Algebra will be starting the Law of Exponents and will have a test on Friday.
7th Grade Report
- Civics- No current event this week; bring in a $1 bill instead.
- 10/13- T. Taylor present project for independent novel project
- 10/13- FACS children's illustrated story is due.
- 10/20- Pendley- need Freak the Mighty novel purchased
- 10/15- Lindsey has a test on labs, review sheet given on Monday
- 11/7- Pendley Independent Novel Project due