Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
Week of April 11 - April 15, 2016
TIER 3 MEETINGS ON MONDAY!!!
Family Fun Night is Tuesday!
Jog-A-Thon is Friday
Spring Staff Party is Friday
FIRE DRILL THIS WEEK!!
Teacher of the Year Nominations
If you wish to nominate a candidate for the 2016 Teacher of the Year, please email or send your completed ballot by Friday, April 22nd.
The Teacher of the Year candidate should:
- be a teaching professional who does not plan on retiring during the next academic year;
- be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher who is planning to continue in an active teaching status;
- inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- have the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues;
- play an active and useful role in the community, as well as in the school;
- be poised, articulate, and possess the energy to withstand a taxing schedule.
After the nomination process is complete, candidates will be asked to submit a one-page summary of their professional teaching experience by Friday, April 29th. The summary will include:
- Candidate’s educational background and experience;
- A brief statement of the candidate’s educational philosophy;
- Candidate’s educational accomplishment of which he/she is most proud.
From there, an online ballot will be created and the district staff will vote on the candidates. The election results will be reported to the superintendent by Monday, May 9th.
If you have any questions about summative conferences, please contact your appraiser.
Teachers will need to be on lunch duty on April 28th and 29th so that Eric and I can complete all of the summative conferences.
Spring Time Reminders
Warmer weather means students are dressing in shorts, skirts and tank tops. Please make sure that you are enforcing the dress code with your students. Shorts/skirts must be fingertip length, and tank tops are permitted. Halter tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. If a student is out of dress code, please have them go to the nurse to change. I have put dress code reminders in the parent newsletter as well.
Please be you are actively monitoring on the playground. Teachers should be positioned at separate points around the playground for optimal supervision.
- June 6th - 16th: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (8:30-11:30 are student hours)
- August 1st - 11th: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (8:30-11:30 are students hours)
I am still in need of a 3rd (both sessions) and 4th grade (June session) summer school teacher! If you would like one of those spots, I won't turn you away:-)
Required Summer PD for 2016-2017 Comp Days
2016-2017 Staffing Update
Weekly Attendance Goal
The flu bug has hit some of our classes this week. Hopefully it has left the building!
- Veronica Fidencio - April 13th
We hope you have a wonderful birthday Veronica!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- April 11th - Tier 3 Meetings
- April 12th - LVES Family Fun Night at PDQ - 2nd Grade Representin'
- April 13th - CIP Team Meetings - SPED provides snacks
- April 14th - Annual GT Showcase
- April 15th - Jog-A-Thon during specials
- April 15th - Spring Staff Party at Holt's House
- April 18th - No School - Office staff and any teachers who did not complete 12 hours of PD will be at work this day
- April 21st - CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm
- April 22nd - Teacher of the Year Nominations are due
- April 22nd - Field Day for K, 1, and 2 Grades at HS Track
- April 25th - Tier 3 Meetings
- April 27th - Spring Picture Retakes and 3rd and 4th Grade grade group photos
- April 27th - Student Support Meetings, 3:05 pm
- April 28th and 29th - Summative Conferences with Appraisers