Community Message: June 24, 2022
Final updates for the 2021-22 school year!
The communication below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline.
- Simplified Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Traditional Chinese: 點擊這裡查看中文翻譯.
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
Final Report Cards for all students (Kindergarten through 12th grade) will be published on the Aspen Parent Portal by Wednesday, June 29. This includes Term 4 Report Cards for students in 6th through 12th grade and Cycle 2 Progress Reports for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
All families should have received a notification by email once your student(s) report was published. Families may also log in to Aspen and access these reports digitally in the “Published Reports” section.
Please note that your login IDs for PSB families in the Aspen Parent Portal is now the email address associated with your family’s PSB account. This is also the email address that you first registered/enrolled your student(s) at PSB in, and the email address in which you receive information and documentation from PSB (e.g. school closure alerts, community updates) and your student(s) school (progress reports).
You can always contact the PSB Data Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding your login credentials.
Summer is a time of transition and change for all of us. At PSB, we want to make sure our records at PSB are as accurate as possible - especially as report cards and other student documents are finalized! If you and your student(s) are moving to a new address over the next few months, please take a moment to complete the "changing enrollment" form below. Contact the Office of Registration and Enrollment for any questions or concerns.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
On Saturday, June 18, the CDC recommended the COVID-19 vaccine for all individuals 6 months and older - a population that includes PSB's youngest learners. We continue to encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are currently authorized for individuals 6 months and older.
You can visit the Brookline Department of Public Health website to register for the next vaccine clinic. Vaccines.gov is also a great resource to find a local location to make a vaccination appointment for you and/or your student(s).
Summer 2022 Reading and Math Resources
Our wonderful library team is pleased to announce the kickoff of Summer Reading 2022. The librarians have been meeting with classes to promote the many exciting new titles on the lists this year. Visit the Brookline Summer Reading Website to find our complete list of summer reading recommendations for all grade levels, along with some tips and additional reading resources to excite and engage the reader.
Just as students benefit from reading throughout the summer, they also benefit from engaging in regular and meaningful math activities. This is why the PSB Math Department publishes a Math calendar each summer for students entering grades 1-5. These calendars contain numerous resources and activities for you and your student(s) to try at home over July and August. Calendars can be found in this link here.
Brookline Summer Eats Kickoff!
Join the PSB Food Services team on Wednesday, July 6, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Brookline Avenue Playground (575 Brookline Ave.) for the Brookline Summer Eats Kickoff! This free and interactive event features food tastings, a chef cook-off, music, activities and giveaways. Bring your water in a reusable bottle, and if possible, bike or walk to the event! For more information, contact Sasha Palmer at 617-821-1290, email@example.com or Danielle Mendola at firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-413-4186.
Brookline Summer Eats Kickoff!
Wed, Jul 6, 2022, 04:00 PM
575 Brookline Avenue, Brookline, MA, USA
ICYMI: Art Shows Around our Schools!
Over the past month at each of our K-8 schools, the art staff has put together absolutely fabulous all-school art shows either in person or online as conditions allowed. We want to highlight in particular the virtual art show from Baker School as well as a time-lapse of the art show at Lawrence.
For more highlights, follow our wonderful art staff's postings on Instagram: @bhsartspace (BHS); @lawrence_artroom (Lawerence); @pierceartroom (Pierce); @lincolnartroom (Lincoln); @ drscoll_artroom (Driscoll); @ms.hockensmithart (Heath); @artwithmissabi (FRR); @arteacheritter (Baker).
Following up on our communication from June 14, PSB has recently updated its Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan with feedback and input from the PSB community.
The PSB Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan was first developed in 2011 in consultation with stakeholders, including parents and guardians, school administrators and staffs, professional support personnel, volunteers, community partners, local law enforcement, and students. The Superintendent or designee is charged with reviewing and updating this Plan biennially. The revised plan can be read in its entirety here.
Please note that this week's update will be the last for the 2021-22 school year. We wish you all good health and safety!
- Town of Brookline Community Blood Drive: In collaboration with the American Red Cross, the Brookline Department of Public Health is hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, July 13 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Brookline Village Public Library (361 Washington Street). Anyone at least 17 years old can donate blood, so long as they are in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. In Massachusetts, a 16-year-old may donate blood as well but is required to have a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to donating. There is no upper age limit for donating, so long as the individual is feeling healthy and well and meets the other criteria. Please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit http://RedCrossBlood.org and enter: "BrooklineMA" to schedule an appointment.