RMS Knightly News
Week of September 26, 2022
Hello RMS Knights and Families
Our September Honor the Castle theme is "Making Meaningful Connections". This week’s Mindset Monday Message for the week of September 26th states, “Alone we can do so little, Together we can do so much”.
Click Here for this week's Mindset Monday Message.
Dentists R Us - Rescheduled to October 26
Due to lack of participants, this visit has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 26. If there is not enough interest, this visit may be cancelled.
Licensed Dentists & Dental Hygienists will be available to perform:
- Comprehensive Dental Exams
- Dental Cleaning
- Fluoride Treatments
- X-Rays (if needed)
- Sealants (when necessary)
Each participant will receive a free toothbrush and an oral health report will be sent home to parent/guardian.
Note: Students who had a cleaning within the last 6 months, are NOT eligible.
Permission slips must be turned in to the Main Office before Friday, October 21, 2022.
That being said, we are asking for volunteers to support our PBIS events and incentives, as well work in our Knights Nook school store during lunches Mondays or Fridays.
If you are interested in supporting RMS and our Knights, please submit the form below. A staff member will be in contact with you as events are scheduled and support is needed.
2nd Step participation at RMS
This past week of September 19th, we begin our Second Step Middle School participation at RMS, a research-based social-emotional learning program designed to improve students’ social-emotional skills, such as emotion management, impulse control, problem solving, and empathy. Second Step skills and concepts are designed to help our students both in and out of school.
The picture shares 7th grade Knights showing how the brain grows new neural pathways the more you practice the "rock, paper, and scissor" activity.
- September 27 - vs Jeanette Junior High School (H), 7th Grade @3:30, 8th Grade @5:30
- September 26 - vs L'Anse Creuse MS Central (H) @4:00
- September 29 - vs Anchor Bay MS North (H) @4:00
- September 28 - vs Walden Middle School (A) @4:30
AS A REMINDER, OUR STUDENTS MUST FOLLOW THE BELOW CRITERIA TO ATTEND OUR ATHLETIC EVENTS.
Outside Food and Beverage Policy
Outside food delivery is a safety concern. We do not want to have strangers and people that we do not know coming to our buildings with delivery bags. It also is a workload issue for office personnel. Managing multiple food deliveries during lunchtime becomes an additional responsibility for our office staff.
The District works hard to provide a variety of healthy, good-tasting food in its cafeterias, and students are always free to bring their own lunch to school. We will continue to follow our past practice of making sure students receive lunch if they forget to bring one from home.
It was great seeing our Knights participate throughout the week with the various themes.
Learning ELA Literacy Terms
In ELA 7th, our Knights were defining, researching, and showing examples of the different literary terms.
Learning Unit 1 Social Studies Terms
Our Social Studies Knights worked on defining, showing application, and illustrating unit 1 terms.
Learning ELA Literacy Terms
Soccer in PE
Our Knights in PE demonstrating teamwork and sportsmanship while playing soccer.
Practicing Measuring in Science
Our Knights practicing the skills with a gradual cylinder and measurement scale they will be utilizing in upcoming labs
RMS Taking part in HOCO 2022
Great job by our RMS community taking part in our FHS Homecoming Parade and Football Game.
Practicing Measuring in Science
To provide the most effective process for entering and exiting Richards Middle School, we need our families consistent help in observing the below traffic expectations:
- Our RMS bus loop is only to be used by emergency vehicles and our district’s school buses between the hours of 7:15 am through 4:00 pm.
- To help with our daily traffic flow, please follow our painted traffic arrows in our parking lot.
- In supporting our traffic flow for entering and exiting for all vehicles, please observe no standing, parking, waiting and stopping in the parking lot aisle ways.
- When exiting Richards Middle School at dismissal time, please utilize either our RMS Garfield exit, FHS Garfield exit or FHS Klein exit.
Please be aware of students, families and guests who are walking in our parking lots by obeying traffic laws, regulating your speed, and following the traffic direction arrows. Images can be found below. Please no parking or standing where you see a red x.
Our district security personnel will communicate these expectations to our families when needed. Thank you for your support with keeping RMS a safe travel area for everyone on campus.
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ADDITIONAL SIGNS ALONG THE DROP OFF LANE TO HELP DIRECT TRAFFIC FLOW!
Here you will find information about the school, IDs, ordering yearbooks, school supplies, schedules, and more.
Dress Code Expectations
- Shorts/Dresses/Skirts must be longer than the students fingertip length with students' arms by their side.
- Undergarments, chest and midriffs must be covered and students are not permitted to wear spaghetti straps, muscle shirts with armpits visible, etc.
- No sagging of the pants or shorts
- No graphic, see-through or inappropriate saying on clothing (sexual comments, drugs, violence, etc.)
- No pajama wear - lounge pants, flannel pants, boxer shorts, slippers (shoes without hard soles) *unless permitted by a school function.
- No hats, bandanas/scarves (unless worn to support hair appropriately), and/or hoods up during the school day.
- At this time, masks are a choice.
Varsity Football Games Attendance
With an effort to make this an enjoyable experience for all participants and spectators, we are implementing new guidelines for the remaining home varsity football games.
- FPS Elementary and Middle School students must be chaperoned by a parent or guardian to enter the Football stadium.
- Middle School students should have their student ID with them at the ticket booth.
- Students may not bring in outside food or drinks into the stadium.
- Students may not bring backpacks into the stadium.
- No outside balls or noise makers that are not pre-approved by administration
- Students are expected to sit in the bleachers and not walk around the Stadium or gather in common areas
- Students are not to sit or walk to Visiting Bleachers
- No standing on the fence line of bleachers to avoid obstructing view and exits
- In the event that a student is asked to leave the football game, the parent or the guardian will be asked to take that student home.
- Once students leave the stadium gates, they will not be permitted to re-enter.
As always, the safety of our staff, students and families remains our top priority. These additional measures will support our students in making good choices and create a safe environment for all to enjoy the event.
We encourage our families to take advantage of these athletic events. We can come together with our school community and reconnect with family and friends. Fraser is a special place and our athletic events allow our community to celebrate the rich history and tradition of our schools. These updated safety and support guidelines will be used for all Fraser High School athletic events moving forward.
Change of Address Information
If you have recently moved, please complete the following form to update your address and upload the files needed for update: https://form.jotform.com/211594973642161
Attendance Line: (586) 439-7490 24 hour voicemail
Attendance/Counseling Office: (586) 439-7462
Attendance Office Hours: 7:15am - 3:15pm
Main Office Hours: 7:15am - 3:15pm
Main Office: (586) 439-7400 Fax: (586) 439-7461
***Please know we are always happy to meet with families,
however, we may not always be available when parents/families pop in. Please
set up an appointment with the main office.