Message From the Principal
It has been a WONDERFUL start to the school year! Our students are eager to learn and have been active participants in their learning. It has been so exciting to see students engaging in data driven centers and stations. I'm so proud of our AMAZING Huskies!
Our focus continues to be high quality instruction that engages students, ensuring high levels of learning so students reach their greatest potentials.
Be sure to save the date for our upcoming Fall Open House on September 15th! We would love to see you there as we partner together to give every student the best school experience.
Danis Boone, Principal
9/5: NO SCHOOL/ Labor Day Holiday
9/15: Fall Open House- Information below
9/20: Spirit Night at Marco's Pizza
9/22: Fall Individual Pictures
9/30: Color Run Fundraiser Event- Details coming
10/7: Last day of 1st quarter
10/10-10/14: Fall Break
10/17- Student Holiday/Staff Development
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION
Parents and Guardians are invited to learn specific classroom information from your students' grade level teachers.
*Due to space we are asking that only parents & guardians attend.
5:00-5:30 Classroom Visit Session 1
5:35-5:55 Information Session for all in the cafeteria
- Campus Accountability
- Information from PTO
6:00-6:30 Classroom Visit Session 2
6:35-7:05 Classroom Visit Session 3
FREE OR REDUCED PRICED MEAL
APPLICATION NOW OPEN!
* For the 2022-2023 school year, the USDA will no longer offer waivers allowing all students to eat for free.*
* If your child was previously receiving free and reduced lunch and you have not completed the free and reduced lunch application they are currently on a grace period which will end on September 21st. Click the link below to complete the application.
To determine if a student qualifies for free or reduced priced meals, families are encouraged to apply electronically at https://kisd.us/frmealapp.
- Applications need to be filled out each school year
- Families will need to sign into their existing SchoolCafé account or create a new account.
- Families will be notified with eligibility results within 10 business days.
Click here for a step by step guide to applying!
Click here to apply now!
Arrival/Dismissal Transportation Information
Live updates of bus routes can be found at the Bus Status Dashboard.
If you choose to drop off in our car line, remember that students in the car line are only dropped off through the carpool line .
One of our main goals is to get your students back to you at the end of the day safely.
We are a large campus and work to get just under 900 students dismissed safely and quickly. The end of the day can get hectic, so we ask for your help, cooperation and understanding.
If your child will be going home a different way, please let the FRONT OFFICE and your child's TEACHER know right away. Telling the teacher is wonderful, but sometimes they can't check voicemail or email until it is after school-so your best option is always to call the school front office. (832-484-7900)
We ask that you have the call made by 2:15pm. If messages are not cleared or given in time, please know the teachers are trained to send kids home their regular way unless cleared by administration. We CANNOT take a child's word for it when it comes to leaving school safely.
Carpool Drop off is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
- During arrival there will be two lanes/ students can be dropped off in either lane
- Students may start entering the building at 7:40
- Please make sure car riders have their backpacks and exit vehicles expeditiously, on the passenger side.
- Vehicles should pull all the way up to the end of the sidewalk along the carpool porch
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot.
- All adults must stay in their car while dropping students off, when parents/guardians get out of their cars it delays drop off and can cause a back up and delay students from getting to class on time. If your child needs assistance, roll down you window and a staff member will assist.
Carpool Pickup is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
*It is imperative that you follow all Metzler staff instructions for efficiency and safety purposes.
- We ask that all drivers follow the designated car rider route and be attentive by refraining from talking and/or texting on your cell phone while in the school zone. The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our upmost priority.
- During pickup in the afternoon the lane closest to the school will be reserved for Pre-K and Kinder students. The other lanes will be reserved for families of students in 1st-5th grades.
- All cars in the immediate pick-up area must be loaded before cars are allowed to move forward.
- Please remove your carpool tag from your windshield once your child(ren) is in the vehicle. This will help us determine when the line can move forward to exit the pick-up area.
If your child is not in the vehicle when the line moves, you will need to loop around and get back into the line.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with these procedures as we work to ensure all students are dismissed safely.
First Responders join us on September 9th from 7:40 a.m.-8:10 a.m. for a continental breakfast in honor of 9/11.
GIFTED TALENTED REFERRAL WINDOW
GT referral window- September 1st-30th.
For more information visit:
LUNCH VISITOR SCHEDULE
Due to limited space each grade level will have a designated day for lunch visitors.
1st Grade- Monday
2nd Grade- Tuesday
3rd Grade- Wednesday
4th Grade- Thursday
5th Grade- Thursday
**There will be exceptions for student birthdays
Download the attachment below for information about PTO Membership
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW THE SEPTEMBER PTO NEWSLETTER
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Metzler Elementary Facebook
PTO Metzler Twitter
PTO Metzler Facebook