An Alcoholic-Drug abuser
Did Shakespeare drink alcohol obsessively and use drugs?
Was Shakespeare an Alcoholic?
- He did enjoy to have "a few" drinks.
- Shakespeare's father was an official Ale taster in Stafford.
- He drank Ale, Beer, Wine, Malmsey, Metheglin (Mead), and Canary.
- Nowhere does it say thought he was an "Alcoholic."
Did Shakespeare do drugs?
- A couple South African Research Scientist analyzed a total of 24 pipe fragments found on the grounds of Shakespeare's home. 8 of which tested positive for Marijuana residue and 2 testing positive for cocaine traces.
- Some even say Shakespeare talked about drugs in his own writings. For example:
- They carved a "dying wish" into his tomb "Blessed be the man that spares these stones. And cursed be he who moves my bones." Because of the possible curse nobody has actually seen the remains, so no remains can be used to see the actual cause of death; that's why still today we don't know the actual cause of Shakespeare's death.
Frequently thought causes of death
Who knows the truth
- Marijuana was available during Shakespeare's time in Britain.
- Marijuana was used during this time period for the production of paper, rope, and clothing.
Who knows the truth
- Some say Shakespeare used drugs to spark his creativity.
- Shakespeare's recorded death was on April 23, 1616.
- Also reporting his burial on April 25, 1616.
Where I found info.
- "Shakespeare’s Death: How Did Shakespeare Die?" No Sweat Shakespeare RSS2. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.
- "Did William Shakespeare Smoke Marijuana And Take Drugs? Did He Have Alcohol And Substance Abuse Problems?" Article On SHAKESPEARE's Alcohol Drug & Substance Abuse. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.
- "Shakespeare on Alcohol." Hwadmin. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.
"Shakespeare on Drugs?" Scientific American Global RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.
"Was Shakespeare a Stoner? His Grave Could Hold the Answer | TIME.com."NewsFeed Was Shakespeare a Stoner His Grave Could Hold the Answer Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.