Special Edition: Jaguar Band News
BOA Midland: By Parents, for Parents
Things you would want to know...
- You are welcome to send your student with snacks and money. You are also welcome to purchase food items for them. Just remember that band and guard members eat only when they are NOT in uniform.
- Students are encouraged to bring a blanket and pillow on long trips!
- Any electronic device that provides audio will be permitted only with earphones.
- There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take pictures of your child AFTER they compete. Directors just ask that when they are in "competition mode" (i.e. if they are walking in twos or getting ready for warm-up or competition) that you do not call out their names and ask them to pose. This is why we have volunteer photographers. They have rules they follow to not disturb the band while they are in "competition mode" and they have lenses that allow them not to be so close to the students while they are in this mode.
- Contrary to last year, BOA will be hosting a "retreat" again. This is when all of the finalists line up on the field for awards. It is an amazing sight.
- Should our group win the Championship again, please know that you are welcome to join the celebration on the field.
- Saturday will be a long day. Make sure your student is hydrating well on Friday!
- Friendly reminder that the boosters no longer provide medications such as Tylenol or Benadryl. If you believe your student may be in need of these items, please have them pack it. Students should not share medications.
- Can't make it to Midland? Check out the livestream information at the bottom of this newsletter!
Moe and Gene Johnson HS: Competition Day Schedules
Find the BOA Midland schedule that Mr. Lucita sent out earlier today HERE.
Upon arrival at JHS, students will still need to put away instruments and properly turn in their uniforms. Boosters can always use help unloading the Gold instrument trailer and/or turning in uniforms! The more help, the faster it is all done! Please feel free to walk on up and jump in! None of it is hard and we are always happy to help!
There are two spectator lots, Spectator Parking A and Spectator Parking B.
Spectator Parking A, located immediately east of the stadium, can be accessed from the Loop 250 Frontage Road. This entrance can only be approached from the North.
Spectator Parking B, located to the southwest of the stadium near the Momentum Bank Ballpark, can be accessed from Tradewinds Blvd to the Southwest.
Please note that this is a different entrance from the Bus/Truck Parking Entrance. Spectator traffic may NOT enter this lot from the Bus/Truck Parking Entrance.
- First, yes, our amazing volunteer photographers will be taking pictures at Midland!
- Jolesch Enterprises will be on-site taking action photos on the field level. At the West Texas Regional Championship they will also offer group and section photos. Ordering information is available online at joleschenterprises.com.
- Use of cameras of any kind is NOT ALLOWED on the field (field, sidelines, stadium floor) for any BOA event. Please communicate this to your parent/booster group.
- Still cameras (digital or film, professional or otherwise) are allowed in the stadium and may be used from stadium seating, but not on the field.
- Tripods and similar equipment that may obstruct the view of others in seating areas are not allowed.
- The issuance of a “Field Pass” or other non-Media BOA Credential does not include the right to use a camera on the field. Pass holders must go into stadium spectator seating to use their camera.
Meal Plans: Take Note!
• If your band needs to change into and out of uniform, restrooms will be available in the Momentum Bank Ballpark southwest of the stadium.
• If you need to use these facilities, please go IN A GROUP.
• A limited number of port-a-lets will be available near the Warm Up Area.
Picnic Location and Procedures
• Designated Picnic Areas are available on the grassy portion of the Energy Pavilion (located between the stadium and Ballpark) and under the Blue Tents inside of the Momentum Bank Ballpark. Please note that the Blue Tents will have limited seating space.
• Please remind your students to appropriately dispose of their trash.
• Eating is NOT allowed outside of vehicles in the bus/truck parking areas.
• Outside food and beverages are NOT allowed to be brought into the stadium.
• The stadium will be cleared and concessions will be closed during the dinner break between Prelims and Finals.
Pit Crew: Take Note!
- Name badges and field passes are ONLY valid for flow areas and field access during your band’s scheduled times. Name badges and field passes allow entrance into the stadium concourse and spectator general admission seating areas. Name badges and field passes must be visible at all times.
- Field passes are not tradable and may not be shared with other participating bands. The use of field passes will be monitored, and penalties assessed for abuse of the rules.
- Field Passes for Finalist Bands will be distributed at the Finalist Director Meeting.
- NO picture taking or recording from the field!
- Gate Dimensions and Stadium Flow • The Band Entrance Gate is 14’ high and 10’ wide. • The Pit Entrance Gate is 10’ high and 14’ wide. • If you have any oversized props or equipment that will not fit through the Pit Entrance Gate, please use the Band Entrance Gate. If this is necessary, please check-in with BOA staff at the Band Entrance Gates to communicate your needs prior to moving to the gate. • The Band and Pit will exit through the Pit Entrance Gate. o If your Pit and Props are in position at the Pit Entrance Gate, please be prepared to leave room for the exiting band.
BAG POLICY, MERCHANDISE, EVENT LIVESTREAMS & MORE
Bands of America encourages spectators to not bring bags into venues. Clear bags and emergency bags will be permitted. • Bag policies are effective to expedite entry into venues and provide additional safety. • Spectators will be allowed to bring items such as cameras, provided they are not in cases that would violate the bag policy at that venue.
PepWear is the official Bands of America merchandise provider and will be on-site at each BOA Fall Championship. Online shopping is also available at shop.musicforall.org.