BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 42: 6/7 - 6/10
Dear Buena Vista Families
Thank you for your support throughout this unusual school year. We are especially grateful to our students and staff for demonstrating such resiliency. Teachers continued to teach and students continued to learn during a global crises because the education of our students can never be postponed. We are grateful to our families for working with us to make our students successful. We appreciate all you have done. Join us for our upcoming End of Year Parade on Wednesday, June 9th at 5:00PM.
Our last day of in-person school will be on Wednesday, June 9th, with a regular AM and PM cohorts. Thursday, June 10th will be asynchronous day for students and a day for students to return all school provided materials and technology. Students who are participating in the upcoming summer school will keep their chromebooks until the last day of summer school, July 15th.
Please check out important dates for this week and upcoming events in this newsletter.
All students are encouraged to read during the summer break. We have also included a list of books for 3rd to 6th grade students to read to prepare for next school year's battle of the books. Students will also receive a flier with the list of books.
We will see our students back on August 16, 2021 for the first day of school. We expect to return with a normal school schedule from 8:05 AM to 2:15 PM. We wish all our families a Happy Summer Holidays.
- 6/9 Wednesday - Buena Vista will have regular AM and PM school day schedule.
--- PM Cohort will start school at 12:00PM and end at 2:30PM
- 6/9 Wednesday - 6th grade in-Person Promotion Ceremony: Three guests per student. Tickets will be given to students for family members on Monday.
- -- AM Cohort: Promotion ceremony will begin at 9:30 AM. Gate across from the library will open at 9:15 AM for family members with a ticket.
- 6/9 5pm Wednesday End of Year Goodbye Parade. Check out flier below.
- 6/10 Thursday - Last Day of School. Students work asynchronously at home. Students must return all school assigned materials such as Chromebooks, textbooks, & library books. Check out the schedule for the final return of all school supplied materials.
-- PM Cohort: Promotion ceremony will begin at 1:00 PM. Gate open at 12:45 PM for family members with a ticket.
- Free Super Saturday Sports & Fitness Program with Boys & Girls Club. (See attached flyer for more information.)
- YMCA No Membership Required Achievement Gap Camp June 15 to July 15. (See flyer for more information)
- Upcoming Events - Important dates as we near the close of the school year.
- Music lesson #8 for TK - 2nd grade
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- Visitors are not allowed on campus except for 6th grade promotion celebration and return of materials to the main office.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR.
2021 - 2022 Events
Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom" -Oprah Winfrey
- June 17, 2021: Buena Vista's office will close for the summer.
- July 29, 2021: Buena Vista Office will reopen to Serve Families (See the 2021/2022 School Calendar Below.)
- August 11, 2021 - Tentative Date, Class Placements Posted
- August 13, 2021 - Tentative Date, Meet & Greet for all grade levels.
- August 16, 2021 First Day of School (School Starts at 8:05am - 2:15)
- August 16 - September 3, 2021 TK & K Jumpstart (School at 8:05am - 12:20pm)
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #8: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
"Never let it be said that to dream is a waste of one's time, for dreams are our realities in waiting. In dreams, we plant the seeds of our future." -Unknown
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on. Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable
- I got this! Buena Vista, We got this!!!
Click here to access the seven signs of being a trustworthy person.
Click here to access video explaining growth mindset in a student friendly way.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.