Helping Keep You On Track - the SWBA Superstar
WELCOME TO READING WEEK/GLOBAL ED CONFERENCE.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A "BREAK" - IT IS FOCUSSED WORK TIME.
In college/University a reading week is scheduled for deeper reading and project work, allowing students to get together and catch up on existing assignments and get a head start on new ones.... welcome to your first reading week. This is NO TIME to procrastinate. this is the time to prove to yourself you can work independently and keep a schedule you make.
All assignments and project work will be posted here later tonight. You are required to be on-line at 8:30 Monday morning to check in and be sure you understand the assignments. Although you are not at school you will be required MORE time than a regular school week...but with less stress and a little recharge/alone time. In general you will work on the following...
- PanaProj (Already Assigned)
- The Good Life Essay (Already Assigned)
- Millennium Development Goal Research (Already assigned)
- Cultural Anthropology On-line project - clarification coming Monday
- Global Ed Conference Attendance - clarification coming Monday
- Amnesty International research - clarification coming Monday
- GROUP SESSION Wednesday at the Regional Library 7:00-9:00 PM. This will be your introduction to the work of Amnnesty International. An assigment in prep for this meeting will be posted Monday
- GROUP SESSION Thursday 12:30-2:30 at the Forestry Research Station (By Ok College). We will speak with scientists and specialist dealing with BC's greatest natural resource and Climate Change implications - DO not be late
Global Education Conference
Monday, Nov. 17th 2014 at 8:30am to Saturday, Nov. 22nd 2014 at 11pm
This is an online event.
See the schedule for GEC here:http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/globaledcon-schedule-gmt-8