By Alex Tracy
Alcohol is considered a Depressant.
How Alcohol is used?
Alcohol comes in as a liquid and you drink it. Some people drink alcohol because they want to have a good time or because they are stressed.
Physical Effects of Alcohol
- Slurred Speech
Psychological Effects of Alcohol
- Sleep pattern changes
- Changes in the mood or "mood swings"
Cost of Alcohol
The cost of Alcohol varies all over the world. You can find a cheap generic can of beer for less than $10 and you can find a bottle of vintage wine for over a million dollars. The most expensive alcohol on Earth is Tequila Ley and it costs about $3.5 million dollars!
How Alcohol enters the United States
Alcohol is imported and shipped in and out of the country. The most well known country that drinks alcohol is France because their waters are very filthy. When they come into the country, they are usually brewed and bottled in the country. Then they ship the alcohol to the other states and is brought into the alcohol stores and restaurants.
Is Alcohol Legal?
Alcohol is legal for people at the age of 21 and up, but is not legal for the ages of 20 and down. If you get into an accident and you were drinking, it is illegal (driving under the influence) and you will be arrested. Another law having to deal with alcohol is that you are not allowed to have and open bottle/glass/container of any alcohol while driving. You will be arrested and given a fine.
How common is alcohol in Maryland?
It is very common to find alcohol in Maryland and in other states. You can find alcohol in bars, restaurants, alcohol sellers, etc...
Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
There is a 12-Step Program in which you can become not addicted to Alcohol any more. The 12 steps are:
- We admitted that we are powerless over alcohol- that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives to the care of God as we understood him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to all of them.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted to it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry out it.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Types of Alcohol
H, Margie. "What Is Alcohol Addiction: What Causes Alcohol Addiction?"Medicalbug.com. N.p., 6 Jan. 2012. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.
Harty, Chris. "Top 10 Most Alcoholic Drinks on Earth." Therichest.com. N.p., 17 July 2014. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.
"Www.aa.org/bigbookonline/en_bigbook_chapt5.pdf." N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.