Anderson Weekly News 1/14/20
The Sky's the Limit!
Dates To Remember
- Wed. Jan. 15th Orchestra Concert @ Norris Cultural Arts Center 6:00 PM
- Thurs. Jan. 16th PTO Game Night 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Thurs. Jan. 16th Choir Concert @ Norris Cultural Arts Center 6:30 PM
- Mon. Jan. 20th Martin Luther King Jr. Day No School
- Tues. Jan. 21st Buona Beef Dine Out Night 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- Tues. Feb. 4th McAlister's Deli Dine Out Night 10:30 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wed. Feb. 5th Kindergarten Registration 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 4:00-7:00 PM
- Thurs. Feb. 6th PTO Meeting 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Fri. Feb. 14th Valentine's Day Class Parties
- Mon. Feb. 17th Presidents' Day- No School
- Fri. Feb. 21st End of 2nd Semester
- Fri. Feb. 21st Foxes Family Fun Night 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Tues. Feb. 25th 1st Grade and 3rd Grade Music Performance 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Fri. Feb 28th Teacher Work Day No School
Dear 3rd-5th Grade Anderson Families-
The Anderson PE department has been asked by the Chicago Bears to test-out a youth fitness challenge for grades 3-5. Each student was given a log sheet and a FREE water bottle. For this challenge, students are being asked to try the best to do the following:
· Complete 60 minutes of exercise a day (try to include cardio, strength, and flexibility exercises) Time spent in PE and Recess count towards the 60 minutes!
· Make a healthy food choice of fruits and/or vegetables
· Drink water
· Complete the challenge 4-7 days in a week
If your student does that during the day, then they have completed the challenge for that day! For each week the challenge is completed, your student will get a different Bears certificate. Once all 4 weeks are completed, your student will be given a FREE Bears Fit Youth Challenge t-shirt!
If you have any questions, please reach out to the PE teachers: Mr. Smith (Daniel.email@example.com) or Mrs. Spelic (Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org). We hope that this is a fun and motivating way for your student to be more aware of healthful choices!
The peak of the cold and flu season is upon us!
Recently, the nurses in District 303 have been caring for a number of students experiencing fevers and other cold-like symptoms. We are also aware that some students are absent from school because they have been diagnosed with the flu and other influenza-like symptoms. During the months of October through April, each school in District 303 tracks influenza activity in cooperation with the Kane County Health Department. We consult with their staff to determine whether influenza activity in a school warrant additional follow up and, at this time, no additional interventions are needed. Preventative measures remain the most effective way to reduce the spread of influenza.
Come work at Anderson! Lunchroom/Recess Supervisors Needed
We are looking for several more Lunchroom/Recess Supervisors. Interested? Have questions? Please call Mr. Jarot at (331) 228-3300. I am happy to explain the role and how you could join an awesome team to help us supervise our students during Lunch and Recess.
To formally apply call Patricia Burton - Office Manager Organic Life - (331) 228-5242