A Weekly Newsletter From Grant School & the Grant PTA
Week of August 10, 2020
Parent Virtual Orientation is Tonight, August 11th
**Please note a change to the schedule: 5th & 6th grade are now both at 7:00 pm.**
First Day of School: Material Pick, 8/12-Don't forget to sign up for your time slot!
Please sign up for a time slot through a link in your student's welcome letter. This time slot will be when you drive up to the Grant campus to pick up your learning materials. Please help us to make things run as smoothly as possible by writing your student's name and their teacher's name on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and placing it the window. Please wear a mask when staff approaches.
- Grades K-3 will be on Grant avenue
- Grades 4-6 will be in the staff parking lot
Get Your iPad Ready for Distance Learning
*Make sure your School Issued iPad is ready to roll. Here is a link for making sure your Ipad is ready for the school year.
*If you are new to our school you will be receiving your iPad at our designated pick up.
*If you need help, here is the address for the PCS Help Desk.
Join the Grant PTA Online!
Here is the link to join and to find other useful information!
Here is the link to read a letter from Isabel Melara, this year's Grant PTA President
*After School Tutoring with Mr. Max
*If your child might benefit from some extra after-school help, Mr. Max, Grant's Science Program Coordinator, would love to offer a couple virtual tutoring sessions each day of the regular school week for all grades! *Virtual sessions will run from 30 to 60 minutes.
For Details and to arrange sessions email or call Mr. Max at
firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 707-477-8432
In the Thank You Column:
- Many thanks to our Grant staff who spent a lot of time over the summer working to help set up Distance Learning. We know it's like creating a whole new way of teaching and there are a lot of changes in the way your job is going to go. Just know, you are so appreciated.
- Thank you to Principal Grey who worked through the summer to get Grant organized and ready to go.
- Thank you to our Grant parents who are already joining the PTA and showing that no matter whether we are doing school in person or online, we are in it together!
At a Glance
August 11 - Parent Virtual Orientation (see time schedule above)August 12 - First Day of School & Materials Pick-Up
September 3 - 2-6th Gr. Back to School Night (Tentative)
September 7 - Labor Day NO SCHOOL
September 24 - PTA Association Meeting