for the week of May 2nd Plus
Important Events for the Week of May 2nd plus
May 2, 2016--MEDC in conference room
May 3, 5, 6, 9-13, 2016--HMS Spring Football
May 3, 2016--Panther Pass Exemption Opportunity
May 3, 2016--Faculty meetings in conference room
May 3, 2016--Timecards approved by 3 PM
May 3, 2016--Mandatory FBLA meeting after school
May 4, 2016--Progress Reports Mailed
May 5, 2016--Tornado/Fire Drill during Advisement
May 6, 2016--8th Grade Poetry Slam in Library
May 6, 2016--Grades due by 3 PM
May 6, 2016--Spring Art Show in Cafeteria @ 5 PM
May 6, 2016--Spring Play in Library @ 6 PM
May 6, 2016--Supplemental Inventory due via email by Noon
May 10, 2016--Faculty meetings in conference room
May 10, 2016--Timecards approved by 3 PM
May 12, 2016--EX Ed Graduation in Lunchroom (8:30 AM)
May 13, 2016--Field Day
May 13, 2016--Last day to turn in Panther Passes for Exemptions
Reminders from the Principal
- 1st period begins at 7:55 AM each day. All 1st period teachers are expected to be ready to start class at 7:55. It is not time to go to the lunchroom and get breakfast nor is it time for you to eat breakfast in class.
- It is the responsibility of the classroom teacher to contact parents for failing students in their class. There is no excuse for nine weeks to go by and no contact having been made. Contacting the parents AFTER the nine weeks has ended does not count nor does laying the onus for contacting parents at the ex ed teacher's feet. It is not the ex ed teacher's responsibility for contacting parents of failing students in your class. Contacting parents is one of the professional responsibilities of the teacher.
- GlobalScholar assessments continue this week but we will continue following the normal bell schedule.
- End of Year Checklists were distributed last week. Classroom inventory will again be submitted digitally and we will print out the copy to be signed on the pink sheets. Mr. Powell is sending out copies of last year's inventory to each teacher. Make sure all items purchased this year have been added.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents and each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Advisement will be used for RTI again this week although we will run Tornado and Fire Drills Thursday during advisement.
- EducateAlabama should be up to date by this time. Teachers should contact their designated administrator to let them know so end of year collaborative meetings can be scheduled.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:25 or 7:30 AM. When on duty, you should be supervising students, not on your phone or grading papers.