MCA Weekly Wrap-Up!
Primary & KinderPrep Family News - May 11, 2018
How is it possible that we are marching toward the LAST full week of the 2017-18 school year? I feel like it was just yesterday that I met all of your precious children, but it's been nearly a year! What a lot our students have learned and accomplished this year.
- MCA elementary students participated in service projects like supporting overseas missionaries, sponsoring an orphanage in India, collecting food and gifts for the City Union Mission, participating in "Operation Love Bomb" to minister to our local community, among other things!
- Our students have had the opportunity to travel to many locations on field trips in the KC metro area to experience and apply real-life learning. A few of those locations were the Shoal Creek Living History Museum, the KC Zoo, Harvesters, StarBase, and so many more!
- We used our gifts and talents in music and the arts this year! Our 6th graders demonstrated a "Pound" routine at our Winter Update, our primary students led worship at our Spring Update, and our 5th graders performed "Arise, My Love" in chapel. All of our elementary students had an opportunity to shine at our wonderful MCA Christmas concerts!
- Every child grew as a reader this year! I'm sure many of you have noticed your student reading with a greater understanding of the story or text!
- 3rd-6th graders took the ACT Aspire for the first time this year. We look forward to using this information to help inform us so our teaching and learning will be even more powerful!
- Most of all, our students had the opportunity to grow as leaders in the Kingdom of God! Today in chapel we recognized all of our 6th graders for helping us worship throughout the year. Our MCA students have big hearts, and those hearts are for the Lord. It has been a blessing to watch them grow this year in their relationships with Jesus!
The next 8 school days will be a whirlwind- a flurry of activity- but please take a few minutes to reflect on the impact you have made in your children's lives by providing them with the opportunity to be a part of the MCA family. Thank you for sharing your children with us, and we pray that we continue to be a blessing to all of you!
We had a whole lot of "happy" this week!
Save These Dates!
Families, we have some very exciting events coming up as we begin the final month of school! Please make sure you have these dates on your calendars! Also keep an eye on the classroom newsletters for events specific to each grade level!
Monday, May 21st at 6:30 p.m. K-6 Awards Night at Crosspoints Sanctuary
Tuesday, May 22nd at 6:30 p.m. PreK Promotion Night at Crosspoints Sanctuary
Wednesday, May 23rd at 11:30 a.m. Elementary Early Dismissal/Last Day of School