Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
December 8, 2014
- We had a lot of fun last week on our Nutcracker field trip! It was a special time for me as well, because I performed in the Nutcracker with my dance studio (in Maryland) as a young dancer for 6 consecutive years. Some of my major roles included Marzipan, Lead Russian Candy Cane, Snowflake, Jester Doll, and Dewdrop Fairy!
- Permission slips are coming home TODAY for the 4th grade field trip to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History on Friday, December 19th. I still need 1 parent chaperone for this trip. Please email me at email@example.com if you are available the entire day (8:30-3:15) and would like to attend. Our 3 chaperones are Lizzie's mom, Alex's mom, and Echo's grandma, but we have room for 1 more!
- December book orders (great for the holidays!) are due on Thursday, December 11th so they will arrive before winter break starts.
- I have included some catchy (and educational) songs from You Tube about place value. We are learning about this in math, so your student can practice the songs if they'd like to!
Fancy - Place Value Song
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
Last week, Conner had the most Class Dojo points and she is our new VIP! Congratulations!
Thank you to Makayla for being our new Teacher Helper!
Happy Birthday to Mason C., who has a birthday next weekend!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - Last week we learned about the positions of numbers, the names of place values, and learning that some place value positions are 10 times as much as the previous position. We are continuing place value this week with expanded, standard, and written notation, as well as comparing the values of numbers.
- Reading - We are starting our "Book Clubs" this week and each group will read a different literature book with Mrs. Reiber! We are also continuing to learn about myths, allusions, and theme.
- Writing - We are researching a short mini-research project about Native American Indian tribes. We also have a spelling test on Friday!
- Science - The students have now switched classrooms to be in Mrs. Ruesch's environmental science class for a few weeks!