The Preschool Press
October 8, 2021
A Note From the Director
This week at ECDC we learned about the guitar in music, enjoyed Farmer Breakfasts in PK and TK, and finished our community units. October brings the season of fall and our units will be about apples, pumpkins, and the harvest!
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year. If you have a younger child at home or know someone interested in our preschool, please click HERE to complete an application. Current ECDC students do not need to apply for next year. Re-enrollment information for students returning to ECDC will go home in January.
Next Week at a Glance
Diocesan Inservice for Teachers/Fall Break
Trunk or Treat
Trunk or Treat is a beloved Marquette tradition, where parents decorate and open their trunks to the cutest trick-or treaters around! It’s a great way to see friends, get to know families, and trick or treat in a safe environment.
Trunk or Treat will be Sunday October 24th from 2-3:30 in the ECDC parking lot.
For trunk sign up and donations sign up here:
Halloween at ECDC
Supporting the Auction
We will continue accepting donations of wine for the Wine Pull through Monday, November 8th. PLEASE MAKE SURE EACH BOTTLE OF WINE IS AT LEAST $20 IN VALUE. You may drop off wine at arrival or dismissal at the ECDC. If you are able to contribute, then your child is allowed to wear “athletic (free) dress” the day you make your wine donation.
Of course other donations are always welcome too! If you have access to goods, services, gift cards, etc. you may drop them at the school entrance on the following days:
- October 8
- October 22
- October 29
All items donated are tax deductible and greatly appreciated. If you are able to donate, your Marquette/ECDC student is allowed to wear “athletic (free) dress” on that donation drop-off day.
If you have questions about donations or have something large to donate to the auction, please contact Kayley Nammari (firstname.lastname@example.org | (713)540-4322) or Paula Dunkel (email@example.com | (918)706-0003. Additionally, to keep up with the latest information visit our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram.
As Marquette's largest fundraiser of the year, we hope you will consider taking part in a fun-filled night on campus under the stars in our BIG tent.
Join Fr. Elkin for his Fall Spirituality Series. It will be a morning of prayer, study, and recollection as he discusses "The Holy Spirit, the Great Unknown." The morning begins with breakfast at 8:30 a.m. The program will follow from 9 a.m. to noon in Fletcher Hall.
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO