Where the food is unique and delicious!
Cajun cuisine is usually a three pot affair, one being the main dish, another being steamed rice, and the last is a vegetable. important ingredients include green bell pepper, onions and celery.
- Crawfish boil
- Rice and gravy
Louisiana has many desserts that are very unique because they put their own twist on them but just to name a few...
- red velvet cheesecake
- sweet potato s'mores
- sweet potato praline brownies
New Orleans Restaurants
There are many different types of food in New Orleans, so you don't have to be worried about limited variety!
Here are a few popular choices...
- GW Fins is a French and Seafood cuisine. They are listed with. stars and plate prices range from $50-$58.
- Alberto's Cheese and Wine Bistro serves sandwiches,Mediterranean, and Spanish styled food. This restaurant is listed at 5 stars and plates start at $10.
Louisiana State Info
I. Land and Geography
- Capital city- Baton Rouge
- The bordered states are Arkansas, Mississippi, and Texas.
- The lowest point in this state is New Orleans, it is 8 feet below sea level.
- Typical climate is humid and subtropical
- about 4.65 million people
- LA became a French crown colony in 1731, and surrendered to Spain in 1763 after French and Indian War.
- Louisiana became a state in the union on April 30th, 1812.
- This state is the leader of natural gas salt, petroleum, and sulfur production.
- The governor is Booby Jindal
- On August 29th, 2005 Hurricane Katrina killed hundreds of people, devastating the land and families.
- The name of the state came from Lois XIV (14th) of France, he claimed the land.
- New Orleans- known for French Quarter and annual Mardi Gras