Screencasting Like a Boss
Extend your reach & make the learning stick!
Amplify Student Voice
Speech & language practice
Autonomy & ownership
Flip the Learning
Assignment solutions & explanations
Tips and Tricks
- What is your why? Establish your purpose for creating videos.
- Limit your videos to under 5 minutes. Need it to be longer? Consider breaking it up by topic.
- Personalize it by including your webcam image in one of the corners of the screen.
- Test your video on multiple devices, if possible.
- Get comfortable with one tool. Don't feel like you need to be the expert on them all. Teaching is overwhelming enough as it is.
- Make sure your videos are accessible. Students have various abilities and your videos need to have captioning. Pro Tip: Use the built-in Google Slides captioning!
- Tips on how to look good on a webcam :)
Runs on Chrome for Windows, Mac, Linux and ChromeOS
Record Desktop, Browser Tabs, & Webcam
5-minute video limit
Unlimited # of videos over lifetime
Drawing Tools: Focus, Drawing, Highlight, Mouse effects
Save to Google Drive
Share in Google Drive, Google Classroom, YouTube
- Awesome lessons to become a Screencastify Genius in 45-min!
BONUS! Unlock 30 Days of Premium Screencastify access! Use code CAST_TCEA
- FREE (very limited) - https://www.wevideo.com/sign-up#tab_education
- 1 GB of cloud storage
- Publish 5 min/month
- Voice recording
- 22 songs
- Full-screen preview and editing
- Chromebook, Windows, Mac, & Mobile
WeVideo Academy: https://www.wevideo.com/academy
Resources for Educators: http://educators.wevideo.com/
FREE (part of the G Suite organization account)
8 hours recording time
For use on PCs, iPads, iPhones, Android
Webcam or share your screen
You can have a live chat (Q&A)! Be sure to unblock the link in your district.
Automatically have a recording at the end of your session
Make your videos unlisted or private
Does not use the memory on your device
Shareable on social media and Google Classroom
You can disable comments
- Pick a screencasting tool
- Install it (add the Chrome extension, etc.)
- Record yourself demonstrating your favorite ed tech tool. Include the webcam!
- Publish it
- Copy and paste the URL to your video into this Google Form: Screencast Creation!