School Starts this Week - August 5th
August 2, 2020
School starts on August 5th! We understand students and parents have mixed emotions about the return to school. We are here to help your child's transition back to school. Here are additional updates regarding our return this week. Please note, archived information (previous newsletters) are listed at the bottom.
Back to School
- Parents must bring their child to school in the morning.
- Students will remain in cars until their temperature is taken.
- Students with a temperature over 100.4 will need to go home.
- Parents may not enter the building to walk their child to class.
- All of our staff will be present to help students find their way to classrooms.
- Parents who need to purchase shirts may go to the front entrance of the respective building.
- Click on the following links for more details regarding our health and safety protocols:
- TFS Health & Safety Guidelines (updated 7/8/20)
Breakfast/Lunch at School
- To set up your account to pay for meals at school, you will need to set up an account with Pay Schools Central.
- For low income families, complete the Free Reduced Lunch Application.
- Breakfast is served until 20 minutes before class starts.
- Students may head to the cafeteria, get breakfast and head directly to their classroom.
- Students may bring a cold lunch to school. Students do not have access to a microwave.
- Students who are enrolled online may pick up Grab & Go Meals from pick up locations.
Students Walking Home After School
If you would like your child to be dismissed from school and walk home without a parent you may complete the Walk Home Consent Form.
Earbuds or Headphones
If you child has earbuds or headphones, please has him/her bring it to school each day. We recommend that you do not have your child bring an expensive pair. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property. If your child does not have one, we will have some to distribute in teach classroom.
Online (e-learning) Students
Click on the AAL Resources for (Online) E-Learning for helpful tips for online (e-learning)., including:
- New Student Email Address
- Google Classroom
If you do not have internet access at home please complete the Online Students - Internet Access Issues form and Alex Walter, Assistant Principal will be in touch.
Online (e-learning) Student Device Pick-up
2nd- 8th grade students who are CONFIRMED online may pick up a device tomorrow (Monday, 8/3) from 1PM-7PM or Tuesday, 8/4 from 8AM-3Pm at the Main Building, 431 Sable Blvd. Aurora, CO 80011. Note: K-1st grades, are not available yet.
AAL Electronic Devices
If your child did not return his/her AAL chromebook or electronic device, s/he should bring it with him/her on the first day of school. Students who have a device, will not be assigned a new one.
Google Calendar Invites
Teachers will be sending Google Calendar invites on Tuesday (8/4) to student's school email accounts. The student's schedule (classes) will appear in the calendar. If you click on the "descriptions" you will see the teacher's Google Classroom info and the classes' Zoom link. This means your child will have all the information in one place!
Google Classroom and Zoom Links
In the event that the information isn't available for a respective teacher, you can use our AAL Zoom and Google Classroom Access - 2020-2021 School Year document to look it up.
Back-to-School Day/Night, Monday 8/3/20
- It's not too late to sign up to meet your child's homeroom teacher.
- If you are attending in person please note that to keep our staff and families safe, we are following COVID-19 health guidelines. Therefore, we ask that you bring as FEW people as possible, wear a mask while you are with us, and stay 6ft apart from other families. If you or someone else in the family is not feeling well, do NOT come in person. Each time slot is 20 minutes, with 5 families per time slot. You will be able to see our building, how we are physically set up to follow social distancing guidelines, meet me (the homeroom teacher), and ask questions. Be sure to put your child's name in the notes/comments section!
- If you know your child's homeroom teacher, you can click on their name below to sign up:
- Berglind, Chimes, DeChiara, DeWeese , Fishman, Ford, Fredericks, Fuchs, Goette, Griffith, Hartzell, Her, Higgins, Jarvis, Kreiling, Lamb, Monaghan, Oien, Parrott, Politza, Smith, St. Clair, Swanson, Taylor, Vessey, Wool, Yoon, Young
- If you cannot or do not want to attend in person, you can sign into the Zoom online meeting on Monday, August 3rd from 6:30 PM - 7:00 P.M. The homeroom teacher can provide the Zoom link.
- If you did not receive an email from your child's homeroom teacher is you can email me (email@example.com) your child's name, grade level and I will let you know who his/her homeroom teacher is.
Help Keep Everyone Healthy
- If your child is sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not send him/her to school.
Please be Patient
This is a complicated return to school. We are doing our best to have a great start to the school year. If something doesn't go quite as planned, we'll work out the issues and make it right. We thank you in advance for your understanding!
Helpful Links from Previous Newsletters
Academy of Advanced Learning