Dealey Dragon Update
November 3, 2019
Dear Excellent Dragon Families,
I am so grateful that you continue to show up and help whenever you are needed.
I appreciate your pitching in to help our own Dealey family in need suffering a tragic and unexpected loss. Please continue to share this link so we can continue to help. https://www.gofundme.com/f/dealey-parent-fatally-shot?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
This week is the first week in the 3rd six weeks. Reports cards will go home on November 12th.
Have a great week!
Faculty Spotlight - Ms. Garrett
This week's faculty spotlight goes out to Mrs. Garrett, who is our beloved Teacher of the Year from 2005 and 2006. Mrs. Garrett has been at Dealey since the school opened in 1984, and has been in the Montessori program since 1980. She has been surrounded by teachers her whole life; her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles have been teachers. She started to work here as the piano teacher and later became the theatre teacher. As the years have gone by, she has noticed that the students have taken theatre more seriously.While she isn’t working she likes to read and be around family, especially her grandchildren. She told us that she misses the past English teachers, Ms. DeOre and Ms. Codwell.
We appreciate the time and hard work she continues to pour into our school and the impact Mrs. Garrett has had on our global society. We want to thank Mrs. Garrett for all the time and dedication she has put into making Dealey a better place.
Written by: Daisy Alvarez, Daniel Aguirre, Owen Tankersley, and Matilda Posewitz
Edited by: Matilda Posewitz and Fola White
Open House for Prospective Students 6-7:30
NTFB Food Drive Ends
Coffee with the Principal @ 8:15 am
Deadline for Reflections Submissions https://www.dealeypta.org/reflections
SBDM @ 5:00
PTA @ 6:00
#GBDdragonlife on Twitter @BWingDisd and on Instagram @gbdealeydragons
- Ms. Chandler, Ms. Lavat, Ms. Thompson, Ms. Cho and Ms. Spitzer for helping to promote Dealey to prospective families at the Discover Dallas event.
- Ms. Malooly for Tweeting out authentic and engaging science so that our community can see the amazing things happening at Dealey.
- Ms. Rainey and the newspaper staff for keeping the Instagram content relevant and current.
- Ms. Medrano for the Application Info on our Website- it looks great!
- Ms. Rifat and the chess team- . Miles Yarbourgh won 3rd place in k-3 division and Daniel Dwyer tied for first in the 6-12 division. All the other teams had 8 plus players (the top 4 players’ scores are added) but we still managed to come in 4th place in the k-3 and 6-12 team.
- Ms. Villegas for getting all of our Magnet Application paperwork in order- way ahead of time!
- Mr. Richardson and Ms. Harrell for extra clean up after the 4-6 Lock in.
- Ms. Knoll for helping with the 4-6 Lock In. It was epic!
- Ms. Russell and her students for their hard work preparing for the Orchestra concert
- Ms. Rainey for stepping in as Assistant Coach to the debate team and co-leading the team with Ms. Smith to many accolades
- PreK-3 Teams for their pre work in preparing for meeting with the Stone teachers.
- Ms. Rifat and Ms. Singer for their diligence and hard work testing students for GT
- Ms. Smith for her Adulation Corner and encouraging students to write positive notes with kind words to their peers
- Mr. Grimes and Ms. Smith for starting the basketball season with tryouts
- Ms. Matere, Ms. Testut and Ms. Winners for supporting the Nkana family - home visit, collecting donations, home repairs etc
- Ms. Ward, Ms. Wood, and Ms. Cho for planning field trips this week.
- Ms. Malooly, Ward, and Davila for incorporating hands-on guided inquiry in their lessons this week.