First Grade News
December 14 - December 18
With only 6 days left until Christmas Break it is very important that your student is here every day. We will be finishing up our testing for grade cards this week. If you student is sick and misses school PLEASE be sure that you are practicing sounds, tricky words and spelling tricky words. If you need help with this let me know and I would be happy to help.
- If you would like your student to participate in the upcoming health screening the forms must be returned by Wednesday, Dec. 16.
- Our Christmas Party will be on Tuesday the 22nd. Your student is welcome to bring in a treat if they want, but I will be providing the "main" treat so there will not be a list of things to bring coming home.
- Please make sure your student is wearing appropriate clothing for the weather each day. We are in an old building and we never know what the temperature is going to be in our room, but its usually pretty cool. Also, we WILL go out to recess as long as the temperature is above freezing. If your student does not come with a coat they will not be able to join use for recess.
- Facebook: as an effort to provide better communication with families we have been urged to create a Facebook page for our class. This will be used to show families what is going on in the classroom and help send out updates. While there may be pictures posted of students we will NOT use their names on anything. If you would like to follow us you can like the page "Mr. Soendker's First Grade Class"
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Christmas Break: December 23 - January 3
- January 6: School resumes
Speling LIst- Week 17
bus, pot, swim, cube, tune, used, excuse, useless, little, down, live, give, like, have, only, old, one, by, so, my.