End of Year Technology
Closeout your digital workspaces and gear up for 2021-22!
Achieve Technology Freedom!
Canvas Course Checklist
- Personal Files - transfer all files to Google Drive, external hard drive, or personal cloud service (click here for tutorial).
- Bookmarked Websites - save bookmarked websites to Google Drive (click here for tutorial).
- Online Content - organize, save, and archive lessons that you've used in the following tools:
Nearpod - click here for resources
Edpuzzle - click here for resources
Flip Grid - click here for resources
Screencast-o-matic - click here for resources
YouTube - click here for resources
Looking Ahead to Next Year!
Good News! We're Getting New Tools!
- Canvas w/Studio - we have renewed our Canvas contract for 4 more years and added on Canvas Studio. Think Screencast-o-matic and Edpuzzle and Discussions combined!
- Cidi Labs DesignPLUS - we purchased this Canvas design tool that simplifies the design process, integrates templates, and customizes the look and feel for each school. Keep on the lookout for more info!
- Nearpod District License - we have expanded our Nearpod license to include all KCS educators. Now you all can leverage this powerful engagement tool!
- Edpuzzle (6-12) - we expanded our license to include all 6-12 teachers.
- Padlet - we purchased a Padlet Backpack subscription for each school that offers unlimited Padlets for teachers so you can leverage this powerful collaboration tool!
- Kami - we purchased Kami for our district to provide opportunities for students to edit, interact, and create using PDF's and more!
Canvas & Aspen - the Image of KCS
So, in order to help improve our "image" and simplify our use of these platforms, we want to clarify their role:
- First, Aspen is our Gradebook and Attendance platform. While teachers do have the ability to grade within Canvas, Aspen is what reports official grades & attendance, and thus we must use this platform to communicate with our students and parents consistently.
- Second, Canvas is our Learning Management System where students can access resources, assignments, and interact with peers & teachers. As we move forward, Canvas is one of our digital tools to meet students' needs through differentiating, blending, or personalizing instructional practices.
With the above understanding, there are a couple tools you have access to that can simplify your role of maintaining consistency across both platforms:
- Cidi Labs DesignPLUS - this design suite works within Canvas to simplify course design and allow teachers to focus on adding content, whether building from scratch or copying from previous courses. Also, by using these design tools, courses will automatically create a consistent look and user experience for our students.
- Canvas Grade Passback - this feature option in Canvas allows teachers to sync grades from Canvas to Aspen, streamlining the feedback & reporting process.
How do I get support on the above tools? We're glad you asked! Upon return in the Fall, there will be multiple opportunities for you to be trained on DesignPLUS tools and Grade Passback. However, if you are wanting to dive into training right away, here are some resources:
Summer Learning Opportunities
Canvas PL Resources
Nearpod PL Resources
Edpuzzle PL Resources