WHS Warrior Bulletin
- October 21 Parent's Guide to Social Media Presentation WMS PAC 6:30-7:30
- October 27 WHS Student Council Trunk or Treat 5-6:30 pm East Lot
- October 28-October 31 Musical-Little Shop of Horrors
- November 1 Orchestra Concert 7 pm WHS Auditorium
- November 1 Westside Athletic Club Meeting 7-8:00 pm
- November 2 We-Side Community Dialogue 6-7:30 pm
- November 4 10th grade health screenings
- November 7 Cabaret Show Choir Performances 2 and 6 pm.
- November 8 We-Side Community Dialogue 6-7:30 pm
- November 15 Winter Sports (physical and other paper work must be in)
4th Annual MLK Jr. Living the Dream Challenge
Here is a link to a short video with more information about the contest.
More specific details
- Entry deadline is November 19, 2021.
- Contest categories include vocal and/or instrumental music, poetry or short essays, and dance.
Your student has received additional details via school email and there is a flyer attached below. This includes entry form, entry process, parental consent/release, and more info about the contest.
We-Side Fall Art Contest
Our popular and inspiring district contest is BACK for 2021!
We invite ALL students and staff members to create a poem, drawing, photograph, sculpture, digital/electronic art, or painting using the theme of Belonging Builds Community.
We will be awarding prizes for different grade levels and buildings throughout the district, and your work could be featured on Westside websites, social media and in future publications!
All entries are due by November 16th at 4:00pm. Bring your art to school or email it to Dr. Lucas at email@example.com.
We-Side Community Dialogues
We invite you to take part in our WE-SIDE Community Dialogues, with two opportunities to get involved depending on what works best for your schedule:
- Tuesday, November 2 at 6:00pm at Westside High School (auditorium)
- Monday, November 8 at 6:00pm at Westside High School (auditorium)
Come learn more about what WE-SIDE is, what our goals are, and help provide feedback through interactive table-talks on what you’d like to see us pursue as we move forward. Inclusive Communities will be joining us to facilitate discussions on social issues and strategies to create a better sense of belonging for all.
Snacks and water will be provided; several attendees will win gift cards each night! Please mark your calendar and bring a friend to come learn with us and share your experiences.
2021-2022 Yearbook Information
- The 2021-2022 Shield yearbooks can be purchased using your MySchoolBucks account this year. Access through PowerSchool or MySchoolBucks
- You may also place your order using the forms available in room 251 at WHS.
- The cost is $60 if purchased before Winter break.
- At the start of the second semester, the cost of the yearbook will increase $5 each month thereafter.
- Senior Portraits for the 2021-2022 Shield yearbook must be submitted by Dec. 21, 2021, or they will not be included in the yearbook.
- We will need one vertical color photo. It is important to meet this deadline. No late photos will be accepted.
- Here are the requirements for photo submission: must contain only head and shoulders with no props, backgrounds must not be distracting and there must be no watermarks.
- Photos can be submitted to room 251 at WHS, via email (to: denker.john@westside 66.net), on a CD, or even a wallet-size picture will be accepted.
- Senior Ads for the senior section of the yearbook must be submitted by Jan. 14, 2022.
- More specific details on prices, sizes, etc. will be sent to senior families next week.
If you are graduating early please make sure you meet all these deadlines!!
Fall Musical-Little Shop of Horrors
Come enjoy a great show at Westside High School!!! Performance times for Little Shop of Horrors.
- October 28, 7 pm
- October 29, 7 pm
- October 30, 7 pm
- October 31, 2 pm
General Admission Tickets available
Westside Choirs Cabaret Night
- The 2 PM Show will feature Freshman Choir, Warrior Choir, Warrior Express, Simply Irresistible, Dudenamics and ATSC.
- The 6 PM Show will feature Concert Choir, Warrior Choir, Warrior Express, Simply Irresistible, Dudenamics and ATSC.
Tickets are all presale online
- www.showtix4u.com/events/westside to purchase tickets.
- Ticket sales open on Monday, October 25 at 10 am.
Winter Sports Information
- NSAA Winter Sports-boys and girls basketball, boys and girls wrestling, boys and girls swimming, boys and girls bowling, unified bowling.
- Participants need to have all athletic paperwork turned into Mrs. James in the main office in order to practice. This includes a physical form and purchasing an activity ticket. Students who participated in a fall sport have met this requirement.
- Questions can be directed to Ashley James at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-343-2602.
- Link to Forms
Entrepreneurship Workshops for Students
Power by Symphony Workforce & Find the Why
Powered by Creighton University’s Heider College of Business
2 Creighton University Sessions:
- Discovering who you are and your best FIT in the world of business.
- Participants will work to discover the values, strength, purpose, and personal strategy
- Participants will work to find the business context likely to be the best FIT for them
- Building or buying: Your best path into entrepreneurship
- Participants will learn about different pathways toward owning one’s own business
- Participants will determine their best path and begin to own their future
Student Registration Links, Dates and Times:
Students are set to receive a confirmation email upon registration and reminder emails scheduled for 24 hours before the event and 1 hour before the event which include the Zoom link to join. Each Session is 1.5 hours in length.
- Discover Your Fit (Dec 14, 7:00 PM Central) - https://choose.creighton.edu/register/?id=a990fae3-ebf5-488c-a6bf-d8e5b16ee6d0
- Your Path to Entrepreneurship (Jan 16, 2:00 PM Central) - https://choose.creighton.edu/register/?id=08bb2218-4d52-4b2c-815d-908092aa6040
Sessions led by:
Todd Darnold, Phd
Assoc. Dean of Graduate, Professional, & Leadership Programs and Harper Endowed Chair in Business Leadership
Creighton University's Heider College of Business
Attend both sessions to be eligible for 1 of the limited Creighton University two-day entrepreneurship conference, the Creighton Experience event, swag bags, and a few surprises!
Support Westside High School Community Club with TAGG
Thank you very much for your generosity and support in providing over 200 meals for the incredible staff of WHS. Because of your donations, we were able to provide a hot dinner from Mangia Italia as well as specialty cupcakes from Hy-Vee while the teachers and staff worked to provide Parent/Teacher Conferences. Your kindness is greatly appreciated by all!
In addition to supporting our fall and spring drives, an easy way to give back to the WHS Community Club throughout the year is by TAGGing your receipts at the restaurants and stores you already shop! Check out all of the local businesses who are ready to give back a percentage of sales, and TAGG Westside High School Community Club!
All you have to do is download the free mobile app (Android or iPhone) and any time you are at a participating business, simply choose Westside High School Community Club and take a picture of your receipt. It is that easy!!