The Pack's Post
Please read the information below, we look forward to connecting soon
Good morning Wolf Pack!
This past week it was great to have our Timberwolves back in the building! We know it was not your normal week with starting on Tuesday and having an early release Wednesday, but this upcoming one is a full week. Monday, we are kicking off with a school wide assembly and will have a musical performance with the messaging of Positivity for all of our students. We do hope you will save the date for this coming Tuesday, January 10th where we will have another parent teacher organization (PTO) meeting from 9:30 am - 10:30 am. Please contact Mary McNulty in the front office to confirm that you will attend. Some upcoming friendly reminders to be sure to make note of for the following week though are below.
- January 16th MLK Day (No School)
- January 18th early release day
- January 20th Report Card prep Day (No School for students)
Attendance is super important, and so we provided an infographic below to show the impact it could have over the course of the year in relation to instruction that is being missed. Please reach out to our student services team if you need help with any resources. One thing we stand behind at Todd, is that "we don't just enroll kids, we enroll families" and so please know your Todd family is here to help in whatever capacity we may be able to within our power.
We invite you to join us for finding your "One Word" for 2023, and so the image shared here is a collage of all the words our staff chose as their one word for 2023! You will find documents below to help guide your thought process if you do plan to join us, and we encourage you to tag us on facebook with your one word, or even one word you all may have chosen as a family. My one word is "honor", and my goal is to honor our students, staff, family, and community for 2023.
Let's go Timberwolves Nation!
Are you looking for school spirit? Here is a link to our school's online store for SWAG if you want to check it out and order any items like shirts, etc.
Online School Spirit Store <-- click link
Remember to tell your friends or family who qualify for 4K, that we still have room at Todd, home of the Timberwolves, and we are the place to be, and would love to serve their child(ren).
Important Upcoming Events/Save the Dates
- 1/9/2023- School Wide assembly with Red on Positivity
- 1/10/2023- PTO meeting (morning time 9:30 am)
- 1/16/2023- MLK day (No School)
- 1/18/2023- Early Release- students dismissed at 1:30 pm
- 1/20/2023- Report Card Prep Day (No School for students) teacher and staff workday
- 1/23 - 1/27- Great Kindness Challenge
Grade Levels/Specials Corner
- Welcome back everyone! We were so excited to see the kids back in school this past week. We are spending the next couple of weeks talking and reading about winter, winter animals, snow, and cold weather clothing. We are excited to read "The Mitten" this week with our huge mitten and animals to tuck inside. Stay warm and cozy up with a good book with your child.
- For the next two weeks we will be working our way through literacy and math assessments. We look forward to sharing your child's growth with you in your child's report card envelope as well as at conferences!
- In literacy we are reading a variety of books and writing about them. Please make sure to read with your child each night from their blue bag. In math we are working on drawing pictures to match story problems for both addition and subtraction within 10. In science, we are still learning about big machines that can help do jobs easier. Our character trait is perseverance. FYI, parent teacher conferences will be at the end of January. Be on the lookout for your date and time in the next few weeks.
- First graders are working on our endangered animal research projects in literacy and reading more books every chance we get! Keep reading the books from the blue reading bags. Please be sure to remember to bring boots and snow pants every day, even when there is not any snow. Our playground gets very muddy so boots and snow pants will prevent muddy shoes and clothes and keep our classrooms clean.
- In math, we are continuing to work on subtraction with regrouping. In literacy this week, we researched our bugs life cycle and their social interaction with other bugs. Please continue to fill out the steps on the paper in your child's blue bag after they read to you. In science, we learned about flash floods and where they are more likely to happen. This month we will learn about our character trait, perseverance during SEB time.
- We are extremely busy in grade 3 as we wrap up many items before the end of quarter 2. During reading, we are completing our weather topic research, and getting ready to put it all together with a weather project. In math we began a new unit which focuses on multiplication and division. We are also doing fact fluency checks with each student to see how many random multiplication facts they know out of 30 problems. This check helps us see where strengths and weaknesses are to help guide small groups. Finally, we started to learn about exploration and early communities during our social studies time. Please make sure your child is reading from their blue bag at home as much as possible. Our 3rd graders have had some nice gains in the area of reading and we would love to see that progress continue.
Student Services Corner
Updated school pantry hours Tuesdays 9:00 - 11:00 am or 2:00 - 3:30 pm
If you need support outside of the hours we offer, please reach out to Ms. K or Mrs. DorstMs. K
- Text: 608-713-1660
- Office: 608-361-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 608-361-4278
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timberwolf Time Corner
REMINDER: No Updates
*** As COVID, Influenza A, and RSV are on the rise, please keep your child home if they are sick, and call the health office to further discuss. If your child has a fever they must be out of school for 24 hours until fever free without medication. If diarrhea or vomit, please also keep them at home as they must also be 24 hours diarrhea or vomit free before they can return to school.
There is a significant increase in upper respiratory illnesses in Wisconsin. Fortunately, it is more flu- related than COVID, and the flu vaccine has shown to be effective. However, we would still like to share resources to lower the spread of COVID by ensuring people are getting tested.
Wisconsinites can order free at home rapid COVID-19 tests and have them delivered directly to their home. All Wisconsin households are eligible to place an order every month on the Say Yes! COVID Test website for one free test kit that contains five rapid antigen COVID-19 tests. Households can place an order for test kits starting the 1st of every month, including households that have already received an initial order of test kits since the launch of this program in September.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only SDB staff and students can be covid tested at our onsite testing below. The The Eclipse center will be able to test family members.
New UPDATED COVID TESTING HOURS as of October 10th (Daily)
Aldrich Intermediate- 7:30-2:30 pm M-F
Fruzen Intermediate- 7:30-2:30 pm M-F
Cunningham Intermediate- 7:30-2:30 pm M-F
Mcneel Intermediate- 7:30-2:30 pm M-F
BMHS- 7:30-2:30 pm M-F
Intermediate and High school levels will take their breaks from 12 - 1 pm
Hackett 12-3 pm
Merrill 8-11 am
Hackett 8 - 11 am
Merrill 12-3 pm
Hackett 12 - 3 pm
Merrill 8 - 11 am
Hackett 8 - 11 am
Merrill 12 - 3 pm
Hackett 12 - 3 pm
Merrill 8 - 11 am
Bilingual Home To School Liaison
We have worked with Kolak to identify a Bilingual Home to School Liaison, and hope to introduce you to them soon!!! Stay Tuned!!!
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Please click the following link to access to breakfast and school lunch menu
January Menu <-- click link
Throwback Thursday Staff Member of the week
This past week's throwback Thursday staff member of the week was Ms. Dorst, and she is our school counselor.
Can you guess this week's throwback Thursday staff member with the following clues?
- This person has been in education for 11 years
- This person's favorite childhood cartoon was the Magic School Bus
- This person's favorite superhero is their mom
- This person attended the University of Wisconsin La-Crosse
- This person's favorite food is anything that involves peanut butter and chocolate
- They love that all of our staff works together, and that we have amazing students at Todd.
- They like to spend time with their family, friends and dogs. They enjoy reading, hiking, playing board games and playing volleyball for fun.
Contact Us/Follow Todd's story on social media
Location: 1621 Oakwood Avenue, Beloit, WI, USA