The atomic theory
By: Mike Curley, Adriana Bigelow, Tommy Romick, Cassi Pascucci
John Dalton was born on 1766 and died in 1844
5 Ideas About Atom
- All matter is composed of small particles called atoms that can and do form elements. Dalton's idea of an element (matter) is what we believe today.
- Atoms cannot be subdued, created, or destroyed.
- Atoms of a given element are identical in size, mass, and other properties.
- Atoms of different elements can combine to form compounds in simple whole-number ratios
- Atoms are combined, separated, or rearranged in chemicals reactions