Lake Olympia Middle School - February 2016
Celebrate the remarkable life and career of the eminent Texas Orator, legislator, and teacher, Barbara Jordan! Tracing her journey from childhood in Houston's fifth ward through her election to U.S. Congress, this remarkable production introduces students to a Legendary Texas politician who was a model for the power of perseverance. Program is scheduled for February 23, 2016 during school hours.
PTA volunteered and supported the following school events.
Career Day - PTA provided and served lunch to staff and guest presenters
Book Fair - Assisted with Book Fair
Holiday Luncheon for Staff - PTA host Winter luncheon for Lake Olympia's staff
Holiday Luncheon for Staff - PTA host Thanksgiving luncheon for Lake Olympia's staff
Museum of Natural Science - PTA sponsored science presentations for all students
Read Across America - PTA members read to students . The goal was to break a national reading record for the number of students reading across America at the same time.
Homecoming Dance - PTA helped with concessions sales and student supervision.
Athletic Events - PTA works concessions stand during football season
PTA is recruiting volunteers. For more information please e-mail Rosalind Thomas
Support PTA while you shop!
Kroger Community Rewards
· Kroger Community Rewards program gives 1% of your purchase back to LOMS PTA.
· Register your Kroger Rewards Card online at: https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards
· Search for Lake Olympia Middle School or enter code: 82181
Target Take Charge of Education Program (ending 5/14/2016)
· Target donates 1% of purchase made on your debit/credit RED card to LOMS PTA.
· You can search by any option. LOMS School ID: 97892
· Verify result is Lake Olympia M.S. Input your Name and REDCard Number to complete enrollment.