Ms. Love's First Grade News
Comanche Springs Elementary School
- Comprehension- Questioning while we read and then reading to find the answers to our questions.
- Guided reading
- Making inferences and predictions
- Word family: -ub and -ed
- FRY words: may, day, way, oil
- Spelling: call, about
Writing a Personal Narrative.
If you have not done so then please send to school a picture of your child during a recent vacation or trip to a special place. They will need this to complete their personal narrative writing project. We are starting these tomorrow! Thank you
- Addition and Subtraction Story Problems
- Addition/Subtraction Fact families
- counting forwards and backwards from any number up to 50
Patterns in movement
The student will be able to describe how an object moves.
Key words: straight line, zig zag, backwards, forwards, movement, direction, up, and down
- Local, State, and National traditions and customs
- Thanksgiving then vs. now
Additional Reminders and Dates to Remember
- Remember your child can bring a snack everyday. We also are accepting snacks to share for the class if you would like to donate.
- Collect your boxtops to help save money for our school
- Make sure your child is reading every night. Raz-kids and iStation is a great website to utilize and the kids love it.
- Holiday Break: Nov. 24th-28th
- December 6th Breakfast with Santa
- December 8th School Holiday Store
If you have not done so please send your child's field trip permission slip and money as soon as possible.
- istation- Your child can log in and play the fun learning games that are specific towards their area of needed growth. See the log in information that was sent home.
- Raz-Kids or Readers in book bags. Raz-kids login is llove8
- Practice basic math addition facts