Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
January 6, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
You may see some new faces on campus this spring. We are excited to extend a welcome back to Mrs. Ricci as a student teacher in Mrs. Hill's classroom. We welcome Ms. Castillo as a student teacher in Ms. Cassidy's classroom and we welcome Ms. Albert as a speech intern working with Mrs. Derry.
Thanks to the feedback from our 2017-18 parent survey, we've made some big changes to our front office that will make our staff more visible from the front door - big thanks to our PTC for funding this project, to our amazing secretary and clerk for their patience through the process, and to our facilities, maintenance and tech teams for coordinating the installation process.
We are going to jump into 2019 with both feet - there is so much to look forward to! Here we go!!!!!
New Student Registration (including TK & K) for 2019-20 School Year
New student registration for the 2019-20 year is almost here! This is especially important for Transitional Kinder (TK) and Kinder (K) programs, which traditionally fill up quickly at LCES. Please share this information with your friends and neighbors with new TK/K students!
There are three parts to registration:
1. online registration forms must be completed (click the link below on/after 2/1);
2: documentation must be gathered (click the link below for details on what to bring);
3. NEW FAMILIES: all paperwork must be turned into the LCES school office (we start taking registrations at 7 am on Mon., 2/11/19).
3. CURRENT/RETURNING LCES FAMILY: if you are a current LCES family (or you have an older child who attended LCES), your turn in deadline will be Friday, 3/1/19 at 4 pm.
I'm not exactly sure how TK registration will work - please stay tuned for more information on how the priority for TK families will work and how current TK enrollment will impact K enrollment.
Where to get forms, links & more information:
Sami's Circuit - a Healthy Choices/Physical Activity Enrichment in January!
Sami’s Circuit is an upbeat, energetic exercise event created by Sami Kader, a long-time fitness expert from Roseville, California. His program is coming to LCES thanks to our PTC!
The event includes a high-energy, age-appropriate music mix, sound and lighting effects. Sami developed his Circuit to enable children and teens of all fitness levels to challenge themselves in a way they feel comfortable with. All activities are scalable to individual abilities while still participating as a group. Through Sami’s motivation, participants are encouraged to push themselves to new levels.
Sami’s Circuit allows participants to feel pride in their own achievements, and will spark a positive association with movement and health that will last a lifetime.
This program is in three parts:
1. whole school assembly was held on Mon., 12/17
2. a grade level assembly hosted on Tues., 1/8 (wear comfy clothes & bring water!)
3. LCES/Sami's Circuit Family Night on Mon., 1/14 at 6 pm - click here to get the RSVP form!
The Workshop is in 3 parts on Feb. 12, 26, and March 12, 2019. It is open to all LCE students (2nd grade and older) and families from 2:45-4 pm in the Music Room (the flier will be updated!).
- week 1: introduction to songwriting & we’ll work on Song mapping a Theme & the format of songs + start on Lyrics!
- week 2: continuing to form our lyrics & introducing Melody!
- week 3: bringing it all together to finish your song & talking about performing a song!
The cost is $5/participant. Watch for registration forms later this month or email Mrs. Adams to sign up! Contact Mrs. Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org with any any questions!
Winter Book Fair Update
Week of January 7th:
- Mon., 1/7: Welcome Back to School! Early Release Day
- Mon., 1/7, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Tues., 1/8: Sami's Circuit - ask your child about it! Join our Family night on Monday, 1/14!
- Tues., 1/8, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 1/8, 5 pm: PTC Meeting - all families welcome; child care is provided
- Wed., 1/9, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Fri., 1/11: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 1/11, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Rehearsal
- Sat., 1/12, 4-6 pm: WatchDOGS Mother/Son Bowling at Strikes - Registration Flier Here!
Week of January 14th:
- Week of 1/14: StarStruck rehearsals start; save the date for your child's performance on Wed., 2/27 or Th., 2/28 - check out our public calendar for details on who performs on which night!
- Week of 1/14-1/18: PTC Simply Nutrition Fundraiser
- Mon., 1/14: Early Release Day
- Mon., 1/14, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 1/14, 1:45-2:40 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Mon., 1/14, 6 pm: PTC Hosts Sami's Circuit Family Night - all families welcome, but please RSVP!
- Tues., 1/15, 10:20 am: Lockdown Drill Scheduled **STAY TUNED FOR A POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE**
- Tues., 1/15, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 1/16, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 1/16, 2:45-3:10 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Pride); Mr. Stelma's room
- Wed., 1/16, 2:45-3:45 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Thurs., 1/17, 6:30 pm, Music Room: Girls on the Run Information Meeting
- Fri., 1/18: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 1/18, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble & Cast Rehearsal, MPR Stage
Week of January 21st:
- Mon., 1/21: No School in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Mon., 1/21: Girls on the Run Registration opens (grade 4 & 5 at 8 am, grade 3 at 9 am) via www.gotrsac.org
- Tues., 1/22, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 1/23, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 1/23, 2:45-3:45 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Wed., 1/23, 6-8 pm: PTC Skate Night at Roller King
- Thurs., 1/24: Walk Through CA In-School "Field Trip" for 4th grade
- Thurs., 1/24, 12:30-1:20 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting (make up from 1/21)
- Fri., 1/25: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 1/25, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble and Cast Rehearsal; Stage
Preview - week of January 28th
- Week of 1/28: Great Kindness Challenge
- Tues., 1/29: PTC Chick-fil-a Family Dine Out
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Upcoming Non School Days & Early Release Days - Winter/Spring 2019
- Monday, 1/21: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thursday, 2/14-Monday, 2/18: President's Day Break (School Resumes on Tuesday, 2/19)
- Saturday, 4/13-Monday, 4/22: Spring Break (School Resumes on Tuesday, 4/23)
- Monday, 5/27: Memorial Day
- Week of June 3rd-June 7th: Early Release Days (1:40 Release)
- Saturday, 6/8 - Wednesday, 8/14: Summer Break (School Starts on Thursday, 8/15)
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!