When You Need Help & For Our Online Students
August 9, 2020
The first few days of school were bumpy. We apologize for any obstacles you may have faced whether it was in-person or online. We are working towards improving our processes to make things easier for you. We opened on the date we said we would so our students could come back to learning. AAL (within the Third Future Schools TFS network) strives to service our community and provide a higher level of education than otherwise provided. We will continue to hold ourselves and our students to a higher standard. As an Administrator, I am in awe watching teachers navigate this online and in-person world of learning. It is not an easy ask and they are certainly doing their best. As a mother, I will admit my favorite part of the day is watching kids run to their parents at dismissal with a big smile and saying, "I had a great day!". Thank you for trusting us with your child's education.
School is Open!
We realize there is some confusion with APS' late start schedule. Academy of Advanced Learning is open and school has started. We look forward to seeing you in-person or online!
Communicating with Us
- Please contact your child's homeroom teacher if you have any questions about your child's classes or accessing the online classes. S/he is your best advocate.
- If you do not know who your child's homeroom teacher is you may contact the building Assistant Principal (include your child's full name and grade level):
Mary Higgins, Assistant Principal (5-6), firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Walter, Assistant Principal (7-8), email@example.com
Contacting the School
We have office staff at each building answering phones. We will be updating the school website to reflect this. In the meantime, see below:
- Main Building (K-4): 720-500-5252
- East Building (5-6): 303-503-6223
- West Building (7-8): 720-798-1311
Testing allows us to know where your child begins with his/her learning. It is a baseline and we can see how much they are growing as we move through the school year.
- DIBELS testing for 1-6 grades began last Friday 8/7/20.
- MAPS testing for K-8 will begin during the week of 8/17/20.
- Online students will have testing, with a different schedule. We have a tentative date of 8/22 for students to come in and complete their testing.
We are working on ensuring your student has access to his/her online classes. We thank you for your patience while we work through the start of the school year.
- Your child can go into Google Classroom (click on the 9 dotted icon, looks like a box of dots, in the upper right corner of his/her email page) to access classrooms.
- Or go to his/her google calendar for a list of courses.
- If the above is not working, contact your child's homeroom teacher to help you get into the correct courses.
- If you do not hear back from a homeroom teacher, contact the building Assistant Principal.
Online Student Support
- AAL Resources for (Online) E-Learning
- AAL Zoom and Google Classroom Access
- Online Students - Internet Access Issues
Helpful Links from Previous Newsletters
Pay Schools Central (set up payment for breakfast/lunch)
- Carline Drop Off Maps
- The First Day Has Come and Gone, 8/6/20
- School Starts Tomorrow, 8/4/20
Academy of Advanced Learning