Findley Flyer-July 28
Dear Findley Families,
We look forward to seeing our Findley Falcons at Sneak Peek next Thursday, August 3. Class rosters are still being finalized as we prepare for Sneak Peek and the first day of school. Your child's teacher will send an email the afternoon of Wednesday, August 2 with an introduction prior to Sneak Peek.
The first 10 days of school includes SEAT count days. These are days that the district uses to determine staffing based on SEAT day enrollment. Please know that class rosters are not set until after the 10 day seat count, which can impact staffing.
If you have enrollment questions or if you know of any new families who need to enroll their child(ren), please visit the enrollment page on the Fulton County Website https://www.fultonschools.org/enrollment and direct questions to our Data Clerk, Su Walt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Fulton County Schools Back to School page: https://www.fultonschools.org/backtoschool
Have a wonderful weekend.
Who Do I Contact for Questions/Concerns?
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. The first point of contact will always be your child's teacher.
- David Applegate- The Instructional Support Teacher (IST) coordinates programs and service delivery for special education students. He coordinates educational testing for students who are referred for special education services. Parents with questions about the special education process should contact the IST for information. email@example.com
- Cindy Lamb-The Assistant Principal who oversees student information (Infinite Campus, Parent Portal), grading, standardized testing, discipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Hernandez-The School Counselor works with school personnel to foster a positive learning environment for children. The counselor assists parents in understanding children and in developing positive attitudes, techniques, and strategies essential for constructive child rearing. The counselor assists parents and children in obtaining special school and/or community services and serves as the 504 chair. email@example.com
- Colleen Greathouse-The Curriculum Support Teacher (CST) Parents with questions involving curriculum, class placement, and diagnostic placement assessments are invited to contact the Curriculum Support Teacher for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If further assistance is still needed, contact the Principal, Camille Christopher. email@example.com
July 31-August 4:
Pre-planning (teachers and staff return)
Popsicles on the Playground (Prek and KK) 5:30 pm-6:30 pm
Sneak Peek-8-10 am
First Day of School
PTA Board Meeting-9:30 am
School Governance Council Meeting-3:00 pm
2nd Grade-5:45 – 6:30
4th Grade-6:30 – 7:15
PreK, TAG, ESOL, Special Education Curriculum Night-5:00 – 5:45
Newcomers' Meeting-8:30 am (Families new to Findley Oaks)
Findley Oaks Student Handbook
FCS Code of Conduct. Click image to open link.
Sneak Peek Information
Your Child’s Classroom:
Meet the teacher
Volunteer for classroom
Prepay for breakfast/lunch
PT0 Falcon Fund, Spirit Wear, Volunteer Information
Afterschool Enrichment & Afterschool Care Program:
Join the Falcon Club!
Important Information from Fulton County Schools School Nutrition
School Breakfast & Lunch Meal Prices SY23-24
School meals offer all 5 food groups at an incredibly wallet-friendly price. Prices cover food and operational expenses to prepare the food.
*For families that qualify for reduced meals during SY23-24, households will not be required to pay the reduced price of $0.30 for breakfast and the $0.40 for lunch due to Georgia Department of Education funding that will be used to cover these costs.
- At Elementary and Middle Schools, the meal price includes up to 1 entrée, 1 fruit side, up to 2 vegetable sides, and 1 milk choice.
- At High Schools, the meal price includes up to 1 entrée, up to 2 fruit sides, up to 2 vegetable sides, and 1 milk choice.
All students can decline food groups, as long as there is at least a ½ cup of fruit or vegetable plus 2 other food groups on the tray. For the same price, students may select 3, 4, or all 5 food groups for a complete meal!
The Free & Reduced Meal Benefits Program is a part of the National Child Nutrition Program. This program makes Free or Reduced Priced meals available to qualifying households. Qualifications are based on the gross income of all household members and the number of persons living in the house. A NEW application must be completed for the 2023-2024 school year. Households are responsible for payment of meals until the Free and Reduced Meal Application is approved. Applications are available online at www.fulton.schoollunchapp.com and in paper from any school cafeteria. If able, families are encouraged to complete the online application to help expedite the application approval process.
Households are encouraged to prepay for student meals and extra sales using MyPaymentsPlus. Benefits of MyPaymentsPlus include online availability 24/7, viewing student account balances and purchase history, and setting up low-balance alerts. Visit www.mypaymentsplus.com to sign up and get started. Cash or check payments can also be made at your student’s school in the cafeteria.
For more School Nutrition information such as meal prices, visit the FCS School Nutrition website.
Infinite Campus Parent/Student Portal
The Infinite Campus portals - Campus Parent and Campus Student - provides access to information for all enrolled students in their household. Information includes grades, attendance, assignments, and school announcements.
Click here for more information.
Note: Parents must register the first time they are accessing their account. All students have access to Campus Student via ClassLink.
To All Volunteers
All Findley Oaks volunteers must register with Fulton County District via the Volunteer Registration Portal.All approved volunteers must re-apply for volunteer status every two calendar years.
Follow this link to initiate the registration process -> Fulton County Volunteer Registration.
Please allow up to 24 hours for your registration to be verified. Once school is back in session you may bring your photo ID into the front office to be scanned.
Thank you for all you do for Findley Oaks!