Table of Contents
- Upcoming Events
- Important Dates
- Welcome Back Bash
- Get Crafty with TRiO
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Tutoring Resources
- Student Spotlight
- October 1st: 2019-2020 FAFSA available, apply here.
- October 2nd: Priority registration Day
- October 17th-19th: Fall Break, No Classes.
- October 22nd: Last day for 25% refund for complete withdraw.
- October 29th: Last Day to Withdraw from Classes
Welcome Back Bash
Get Crafty with TRiO
Example of ceramic artwork created by participants.
Meet Tully, our future Mascot of TRIO FESP.
Ren Fenelon, Celine Keyes, Cheyenne Rose and Lliana Cartwright working together on a project.
Example of kiln-fused glass created by participants.
TRiO FESP Grant Aid
How to apply: Starting November 7, 2018 applications can be picked up in the TRiO FESP office or you can request an electronic copy by emailing email@example.com. Freshman in FYE will be completing this in class.
Application Due Date for NON-FYE participants: December 31, 2018
Submissions for the 2018-19 Academic year open November 1, 2018 and close January 15th, 2019. To be considered you must have submitted your FASFA (Federal Student Aid) application. Please check out the website for additional details about ALL of the CEHD available scholarships.
You can also utilize these resources:
- The Bronco Study Zone is a good place to go for help with homework, studying tips, and time management. It is located in 3374 Rood Hall Monday-Friday 8 a.m-10 p.m. https://wmich.edu/arts-sciences/academics/student-success/bronco-study-zone
- The Writing Center is a good resource to use if you need help with essays and other writing assignments. You can book an appointment on their website. https://wmich.edu/writingcenter
- Start a class study group. Did you know that you can email your entire class through e-learning and begin a study group? Study groups are a great way to meet new people and get assignments done.
If you would like a tutor:
- Stop into the TRiO FESP office to complete a tutoring request form in order to be matched with a fellow TRiO FESP student who can assist you with your class.
- Times and locations are flexible; TRiO FESP tutors will work with you to determine the best tutor schedule for you.
- If you have questions or concerns about note-taking strategies, how to study, time management, or overall classroom success, please reach out to a FESP Advisor so they can guide you in the right direction!
- Graduation Date: December 16th, 2017
- Post Graduation: I am currently still living in Kalamazoo and teaching 1st grade at Prairie Ridge Elementary within Kalamazoo Public Schools. Have also began my Master's degree online!
- I picked this career choice because the I get the biggest hugs, weirdest compliments, and cheesiest smiles EVERY SINGLE DAY. My 29 kiddos make all the hard work worth it!
- TRIO FESP majorly impacted me from the first day at WMU. All of my first friends were through TRIO. TRIO also has so many amazing resources and priority registration that I took advantage of every single semester!
- Advice for Undergraduates: Get involved in the community and try to get experience in your major. Take advantage of your professors and their knowledge while you have them.
Anyone that would like to volunteer to read with some of my kiddos feel free to ask Harmony or Myia for my email!