Parent Blast - October 18, 2021
Panther Dash Success!
Huge shout-out to our Booster Club board and all of the parent volunteers that helped make our Panther Dash a success. Students can continue to fundraise and collect pledges through the end of the month.
HSD SPED Parent Partnership Meeting
If your child receives special education services, we encourage you to join this district meeting:
October 21, 5:30-6:30 (Virtual)
Topic: Student Services Teams - who we are and what we do
Volunteers and Visitors
We continue to be on pause as our district works through the staff piece of the vaccination mandate. We are hoping to be able to bring volunteers back into the building in mid-November.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- October 22nd - Picture Day
- October 26th - Family Restaurant Night Fundraiser @ Chipotle
- October 29th - Book Character Day, dress like your favorite character!
- November 11th - No School, Veteran's Day
- November 12th - No School, Elementary Work Day
- November 18th - Family Restaurant Night Fundraiser @ MOD Pizza
- November 22-26 - No School: Conferences, Professional Development & Thanksgiving
National School Bus Safety Week: Oct 18-22
- While waiting for the bus, stay in a safe place away from the street.
- Once off the bus, take 10 giant steps away from the bus.
- Walk in front of the bus to cross the street, and make sure that the bus driver sees you before you step off the curb.
La semana nacional de la seguridad en el autobús escolar se guarda cada año durante la tercera semana de octubre y se enfoca en la importancia de la seguridad en el autobús escolar. Aquí tenemos unos consejos de seguridad para su estudiante, de parte del programa de Hillboro de Rutas Seguras a la Escuela:
- Mientras espera el autobús, quédese en un lugar seguro alejado de la calle.
- Una vez baje del autobús, tome 10 enormes pasos alejándose del autobús.
- Camine delante del autobús para cruzar la calle, y asegúrese de que el conductor del autobús lo ve antes de bajar de la acera.
Picture Day is Coming Friday!
Thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385
REVIEW: Quarantine Instruction
If your child is required to quarantine we will be providing some learning opportunities via Google Classroom. All of your children will be loaded into and have access to Google Classroom by the end of this week.
When your child is required to quarantine, they will have access to the following:
- Links to our adaptive online programs in their Google Classroom - Wonders for reading/writing, Freckle for math
- Access to recorded or broadcast lessons.
- Access to essential activities in Google Classroom. You can expect a minimum of one math and one language arts activity to be posted each week.
- Recorded lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that the teacher will record and post in Google Classroom at the end of the day.
- Broadcasted lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that students can access in real time. Broadcast lessons are not livestream. Students will be able to log in to Google Meet and listen/watch the lesson but will not be interacting with the teacher.
- Each teacher will chose which method (recorded or broadcast) will work best for their students, classroom, and themselves and will communicate their method via the Quarantine Schedule posted on their Google Classroom. Please see below for an example of both schedules.
- Mrs. Lentz will be coordinating quarantine instruction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.
Students that are absent but not quarantined may access the materials posted on GC. We will not be broadcasting or recording for excused or unexcused absences beyond quarantine.