On the River
Sights along the Nile River in Ancient Egypt
By Ms. Neneman
- The Nile River was the blood, backbone, and giver of life to the Egyptians.
- People used the Nile river to get food, water, have funerals, and travel
Traveling the Nile
What might you see if you were heading down the river?
- Boats of local Traders--with mat-covered cabins and patched brown sails
- Brightly painted slim pleasure boats-- with beautiful seats
- Private Yachts--with 12 oarsman on each side (These were only for the VERY WEALTHY)