Aloha High School
Graduate on Time = Showing up on Time
Warrior Students and Families,
I have heard it said that one of the keys to a successful life is simply showing up. Show up, engage, do what should be done. The same thing applies to school, in a very literal way. Almost all students who show up to class, succeed. Almost all students who fail to show up to class, fail to be successful. With this in mind, we are going to be changing our late to class and absence reporting practices, beginning with the second semester of this year. Currently, a student who comes into class late, but within the first 40 minutes, is considered tardy. As of January 28th, 2020, the first day of the second semester, this practice will be limited to students who arrive within the first 10 minutes of class. Students who arrive later than 10 minutes into a class will remain marked as absent and parents will be notified of this absences. It is our hope that this change will encourage more students to be in class and be on time, both leading to students being more successful.
Special Time of Year
INCLEMENT WEATHER INFORMATION
School closure or delayed start decisions will typically be communicated to media outlets and posted on the District website, Facebook and Twitter by 5:30 a.m. and School Messenger text, email or phone (depending on selected preferences).
We encourage families to make transportation and attendance decisions for their student(s) based on their own assessment of travel conditions at their location.
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening activities/events on closure days are cancelled.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- The following classes are cancelled:
- AM early intervention
- AM Preschool Classes
- AM Health Careers, Auto Program
- Terra Nova Program
- Bus services will not be provided to McKinney-Vento students living outside of the district.
When school is on time and buses are on snow routes
- All schools operate on regular daily schedules.
- Terra Nova Program is cancelled all day.
- If the weather forecast calls for declining weather conditions throughout the day, the district will implement snow routes for PM dismissal.
Seniors - Remember to order your Cap, Gown and Tassel
Seniors go to Josten's.com or this link.https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1046582/Aloha-High-School/-/1167535007/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Cap-and-Gown-Unit/1167535077/
Remember you can get the extra shirts, rings, etc.but you are only required to the the cap, gown and tassel $39.