Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | June 4, 2022 | #38
June 7: Last Day for Pre-K
June 8: Early Dismissal for Students
June 9: Early Dismissal for Students
June 10: Early Dismissal and Last Day for K-12 Students
June 15: Board of Education Meeting
June 19: Father's Day
June 19: Juneteenth
Congratulations to the Class of 2022!!!
PEARLS FOR THE GIRLS ~ TIES FOR THE GUYS
Our community is AMAZING, especially when it comes to supporting our graduates!
TCPS Will Offer the Blended Virtual Program for the 2022-23 School Year
TCPS will continue to offer the Blended Virtual Program for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact your school counselor for more information. Secondary applications are due June 5 and elementary applications are due June 15.
Mark Your Calendar for the Chesapeake Children's Book Festival! June 11th
Summer Learning Opportunity for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8!
TCPS is excited to partner with Dorchester and Caroline County Schools this summer to offer 9 career exploration programs for current students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Students will have the opportunity to learn more about Cybersecurity, Robotics, Media Arts, Database Design, Presentation Design, Animation and Chess. Transportation will be provided. Please contact your school counselor for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED. Please register using the following link:https://forms.gle/XE3znGzSa5ov3p3w9
New Student Registration
Policies Under Review
The Board of Education is reviewing the following policies. Policies are listed in the meeting agenda and the policy discussion can be viewed in the recording of the meeting live stream. To provide feedback please use the form linked below.
Policy 10.20 Student DisciplinePolicy10.2 Student Attendance
TCPS IS HIRING!
Earn a weekly bonus on top of our new pay rates. Click to Apply: https://tcps.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=28
NEW SUBSTITUTE PAY RATES
Non degree - $16/hr
AA degree - $18/hr
BA degree - $20/hr
Certified teacher - $25/hr
ADDITIONAL BONUS PAY:
Work 3 days in one week - $100
Work 4 days in one week - $150
Work 5 days in one week - $200
Do You Need Help with Your Water Bill?
- Apply online - https://mymdthink.maryland.gov
- Download a paper application from the same website. Completed applications may be dropped off, mailed, faxed or emailed to:
- Talbot County Department of Social Services, 301 Bay Street, Unit 5, Easton, MD 21601 (we have an outdoor dropbox that is accessible 24/7)
- Fax: 410-820-7117
- Email: email@example.com
- Call 410-770-4848, select option 4, for more information or to schedule an appointment
- Walk-in to TCDSS at the address above, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TCPS COVID UPDATES
LATEST TALBOT COUNTY COVID INFORMATION
The Maryland Department of Health has provided free COVID-19 home test kits to our School Health Centers for distribution to TCPS families if needed. Parents wishing to pick up a test kit may contact their school nurse’s office to make arrangements.
The Health Department is changing COVID testing locations to 102 Marlboro Ave. Easton MD Monday through Friday starting May 2nd . You can call 410-819-5632 or visit https://portal.ciandx.com/portal to make an appointment. More information coming regarding new location and change in hours.
- The health department’s rapid at-home covid tests are available through the Talbot County Free Library.
- COVID testing site at UM Shore Medical Pavilion, 500 Cadmus Lane Easton MD 21601 is CLOSED
- Local pharmacies are testing for COVID and have at-home covid tests in stock.
- **When taking at-home covid tests, you can report your results here**
- What: Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where: Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave Easton MD - Call 410-819-5641 for questions or make an appointment at https://bit.ly/3BdZ40G
- When: Monday through Friday, walk-ins welcome, no appointment required
- Who: Anyone 5 years and older
- Second boosters are now available for those over 50 years old and those who are immunocompromised and 12 years and older.
- Who is considered immunocompromised to be eligible for their second COVID booster? Find out here
This link has a list of types of treatment of available for those who do test positive for COVID
Food Pantry Information:
https://talbotcovid19.org/food-resources/ has compiled information regarding food resources across Talbot County.
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.