Daniel Wright Junior High School E-Notice - Aug 17, 2021
Clubs and Sports Get Underway
Daniel Wright offers students the opportunity to participate in sports and clubs after school. The activities are open to all Daniel Wright students. Fee payments are not due until after students join the team or club. Prior to trying out for any sport or prior to the start of any practice season, students must have a physical on file.
- Girls Basketball: All DW students are invited to participate. The season will start Aug. 19 at 3:45 p.m. Players will participate in a full season of Patriot Middle School Conference games that will conclude with a conference tournament. Team practices will be held Monday - Friday from 3:35 to 4:35. DW Basketball Information
- Cross Country: Cross Country is open to all students who enjoy running.
- Boys Soccer: Boys soccer is open to seventh- and eighth-graders.
- Girls Soccer: Girls soccer is open to sixth- through eighth-graders.
Clubs and Activities
- Chorus: Chorus allows students to be part of a team atmosphere that supports musical, social, and academic success.
- Debate Team: The Debate Team is open to all DW students who like to analyze, formulate, and present persuasive arguments. Students must fill out an application.
- Free to Be: Free to Be is for LGBTQAI+ and straight allies to promote respect and inclusion within our school community.
- Jazz Band: Jazz Band is open to all DW students with prior experience playing an instrument.
- Science Olympiad: Science Olympiad is intended to improve the quality of science education, increase student interest in science, and create a technologically literate workforce while providing recognition for outstanding achievement by students. Attention all science enthusiastic students in grades 6-8: The nationally-recognized Daniel Wright team is holding tryouts for the 2021-2022 season on Sept. 1-2. Interested students need to complete this form with their parents and submit it no later than Aug. 26. Parents and students will be emailed a link to a pre-recorded informational Zoom meeting on Aug. 27. The Zoom meeting will include everything you will need to know about trying out for the team and what to expect if you make the team. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Rexer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Assistant Coach Solesky (email@example.com).