Park Hill High School PTSA
January 2019 Newsletter
PTSA 2018-2019 Scholarship Application Now Available
The Park Hill High School PTSA is pleased to offer scholarships to outstanding seniors pursuing a College/Vocational or Life Skills postsecondary education after graduation.
College/Vocational education – for those students attending either an in-state or out-of-state certificate program, trade school, two-year or four-year college/university program immediately following graduation.
Life Skills education – for those students attending programs to further their education and increase social and life management skills, while also receiving vocational training.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• Graduating Senior
• Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 College/Vocational, 2.0 Life Skills
The application must be completed and returned by 2:45 pm on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Select the easiest submission method for you.
- Paste this link into your browser to access the application. https://pdf.ac/1V3eYJ
- Scan the QR code below to access the application.
- Visit the Park Hill High School PTA website and click on the Scholarship Application link.
A Scholarship Committee will base decisions on several criteria: Post Secondary Goals, Scholastics, School Activities and Community Service/Work Activities. All applicants will be informed of award decisions no later than Monday, April 15, 2019. The Evaluation Rubric is available here.
The scholarship will be paid in one lump sum directly to the educational institution.
Recipients of the scholarships will be announced at the Senior Awards night in April 2019.
Check the school calendar for the date and time.
Please contact Park Hill PTSA Scholarship Co-Chairs Lynnette Procopio and Verneta White at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PHHS PTSA receives grant
Calendar of Events
- 14 PTSA Blood Drive
- 15 PTSA Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Conference Room Behind Trojan
- 21 No School, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 1 PTA Online Auction Opens
- 2 Sadie Hawkins Dance, 8 p.m., Lower Gym
- 5 Band Concert, 7 p.m.
- 9 ACT Testing
- 13-14 Parent/Teacher Conferences, 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- 14 PTA Online Auction Closes
- 15 No School
- 18 No School, Presidents' Day
- 19 PTSA Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Conference Room Behind the Trojan
- 22 STUCO Family Dance, 7 p.m.
- 25 First Day of Spring Sports
- 28 Spring Play, 7:30 p.m. Auditorium
Save the Date: Shifting the Paradigm Workshop
Thursday, April 11th, 2:45pm
PHHS Media Center
2018-19 PTSA Officer and Chairs
Conference Meals Chair: Yvette Dorn, email@example.com
Reflections Chair: Jay Blumenthal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Appreciation Chair: Karla Redding, email@example.com
Membership Chair: Jennifer Hafner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Chair: Doniele Carlson, email@example.com
Scholarship Chair: OPEN
PHHS PTSA Business Partners
Special thanks to Slaggie Architects, KICK Martial Arts, Zona Rosa Dental, Edward Jones - Financial Advisor: Armahn Hadjian and Eileen's Colossal Cookies for their business partnership with PHHS PTSA for the 2018-2019 school year!
Area businesses interested in becoming a Park Hill PTSA business member can do so for just $50. Business membership helps support PTSA-sponsored activities like scholarships for graduating seniors, health and safety programs, After-Prom Party, Reflections Arts in Education program, Senior Parent Celebration, Open Building Night and more.
Business Member benefits include:
• Company name and/or logo posted in PHHS PTSA newsletters;
• Company name on the school website as a PTSA Business Member;
• Certificate of membership from Missouri PTA; and
• A window cling from Missouri PTA.
Please make checks for $50 payable to PHHS PTSA and mail to PHHS PTSA, 7701 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64153. PHHS PTSA is a 501c3 non-profit association. For more information, contact Membership Chair Jennifer Hafner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About PHHS PTSA
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. Sign up for Missouri PTA Contacts Newsletter or Action Alerts here. Connect with the National PTA here.