Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 9/27/2021
This Week's Schedule
- In- person after-school recreation begins (Harry Potter club, science club, sewing, dance club, etc)
- Tues. Sept. 28 (2:20-3:30) 6th Grade GooseChase Event
- Thurs. Sept. 30: Visit from representative of St. Peter's Boys HS for 8th grade students 12:30 PM
- Thurs. Sept. 30: Deadline to order Paulo Goes Pink Shirts
- Fri. Oct. 1: 6th Grade Photos
Revised Bus Schedule as of 9/24/21
Please check your students NYC Student Account (NYCSA) for the most up to date bus times. You can also find it on the IS75 Website.
· 6th Graders are entitled to the Bus if you live 1 mile or more away from the school.
· 7th and 8th Graders need to live 1.5 miles or more away from the school to be eligible for the school bus.
If you are not entitled, you must apply for a variance through the Office of Pupil Transportation (https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/exceptions-form) and email directly to BusingExceptions@schools.nyc.gov
Paulo Students Go Pink-2021
Help support Breast Cancer Awareness.
You can now purchase your items online in 3 easy steps:
1. Go online to https://is75studentspink.itemorder.com/
2. Choose your items and add them to your cart
3. Securely checkout with your credit card
Online Store Deadline: Thursday September 30th, 2021 (11:59pm EDT)
Wear your shirt on Friday Oct. 22 for Paulo Goes Pink Day
****This store is estimating to ship products by October 15th, 2021****
JOIN THE PAULO TRACK & FIELD TEAM!!
All students are welcome to join. This is a great opportunity to be active and to have fun.
● Practices will run from 2:25-3:55 every Wednesday and Friday, beginning on Wednesday, September 29th and ending on Friday, November 19th.
● FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! The team will be limited to 100 students.
● The fee to join will be $100 for the Fall season (includes t-shirt, coaches fees, etc.)
● Students will meet in the auditorium at dismissal and be brought to the school yard for practices.
● Athletes must come prepared for OUTDOOR practices: t-shirt or sweatshirt, shorts, running shoes, water, etc.
Please complete the online registration form and remit payment online via credit card no later than Tuesday, September 28th. Online registration for this program (Paulo Track Team - Fall 2021) can be found via our website at www.is75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab
School Food Forms are now online
We are pleased to announce that all of our students at Frank D. Paulo Intermediate School 75 will be receiving free breakfast and lunch. As many of you know, the “Family Income Inquiry Form” was a vital part of the application process. Please note that we still need to complete this form in order for our school to receive money vital to many of our programs. Please complete this inquiry process online by using the following link:
We thank you for your assistance in regard to this matter. Once again, the application process enables us to get much needed funding for our school programs.
6th Grade Goosechase
Tuesday Sept. 28, 2021 at 2:20 PM in the School Auditorium. Students will be released in the schoolyard (Boulder Ave) at 3:30 PM. Registration required. Please follow the link below to Register for this fun 6th grade event or click on the flier.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKYtpMCsQhDJpHZaG3vv34VJ3cniCOSFwb5h0TqnHBZAF8oQ/viewform
Using the Goosechase App. students will compete with friends to:
- Get to know your teachers
- Learn the layout of the school building
- Make new friends
- Earn points to win a prize
Dropping off Students in the morning
Are you a DOE
student or employee?
Update your vaccine
status today at
• Log in with your DOE email and password
• Upload a picture of your CDC vaccination
card or NYS Excelsior Pass
• That’s it!
FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?
Student Account information
Visit schools.nyc.gov/2021health for more information
What’s Happening in NYC Public Schools?
For the most up to date weekly information from the NYC DOE, follow the link below for important forms, COVID-19 protocols, vaccinations, testing, and help with school accounts. There are a wealth of resources to help navigatehttps://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/messages-for-families
From the NYCDOE:
We are proud to once again be serving our students in safe, healthy, supportive classrooms where they can grow socially, emotionally, and academically. Please visit our website for the most up-to-date information on the historic 2021-22 school year: schools.nyc.gov/homecoming
Join the Paulo Debate Team
After School Recreation - Fall 2021
Visitor Control policy Update by NYCDOE
In order to protect students and staff in DOE buildings, pending an order by the Health Commissioner, all visitors wishing to enter DOE buildings must show proof of having at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
- A CDC Vaccination Card: a photo or photocopy is also acceptable
- A NYC Vaccination record or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this is also acceptable.
- NYC Covid Safe App on Android or iOS.
- Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus.
- DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal
In addition, all visitors are required to wear a face covering and complete the health care screening. If a visitor wishes to enter a DOE building but is unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination upon sign-in, the visitor may not enter the building absent emergency circumstances.
If a student is experiencing a medical emergency or is in crisis, the student's guardian will be allowed to enter the building, regardless of vaccine status.
Daily Health Screenings
Students and school-based staff can or cannot report to school based on their results of the questions in the NYCDOE’s daily health screener(Open external link):
COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
Standard Bell Schedule
8:00 School Day Begins
8:07 - 8:20 Advisory Period
8:24 - 9:04 Period 1
9:08 - 9:48 Period 2
9:52 - 10:32 Period 3
10:36 - 11:17 Period 4
11:21 - 12:02 Period 5
12:06 - 12:47 Period 6
12:51 - 1:31 Period 7
1:36 - 2:16 Period 8
2:17 Dismissal – 1st & 4th Floor
2:18 Dismissal – 3rd Floor
2:19 Dismissal – 2nd Floor
The newest bus schedule can be found on the IS75 Website under the "Parents" tab. The bus schedule is subject to change at any time from the Office of Pupil Transportation.
We have added a "Bus eligibility by Address" chart for you to view on the IS75 website. Bus eligibility is determined by the Office of Pupil Transportation.
Bussing distances are as follows:
- 6th Grade – you need to live more than 1 mile away
- 7th and 8th Grade – you need to live more than 1.5 miles away.
***Please review the eligibility list before contacting the school to check your distance.***
The link below will take you to the NYC Department of Education and Office of Pupil Transportation for 2021-2022. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-new
NYC Schools Accounts
If you have not already set up an account please contact our Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Taccetta via email with questions. LTaccetta2@schools.nyc.gov
Important Change to Physical Education
As a reminder, we require that all students wear attire appropriate for physical activity on days when their class is scheduled for physical education. On such days, students must wear to school the following: sneakers, athletic shorts or sweatpants, and a top that is conducive to physical activity. All students will be expected to dress properly for physical education. A lack of preparedness in this regard will negatively impact a student's grade.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
- The morning drop-off procedure for students is as follows: All students who are driven to school must enter the school yard from the Boulder Avenue entrance in the back of the school building. Students will not be permitted to enter the school yard at the Woodrow Road or Huguenot Avenue entrance. The Huguenot Avenue “driveway” entrance is reserved for students arriving via school bus.
- Pull all the way over to the curb before allowing your child(ren) to disembark in the morning. Please do not “double park” when dropping off or picking up children.
- Make sure that your child(ren) have their belongings ready in order to exit the car as quickly as possible each morning. This will help to keep the line moving.
- If there is a line of cars waiting to drop off students, please do not “cut” the line by driving around them. Your cooperation will decrease congestion and make pulling away from the curb safer and easier for those who are following protocol.
- After your child has disembarked, please wait for the car in front of you to pull out of line before proceeding.
- Please do not make U-turns on Woodrow Road or Huguenot Avenue. People making U-turns are putting their children, themselves and others in danger. Further, U-turns are prohibited in NYS school zones. According to NYS Vehicles & Traffic Law 1161B, no motor vehicle shall make a U turn within a school zone.
- If you are dropping off your child on the opposite side of Woodrow Road or Huguenot Avenue, please insist that your child crosses at the corner with the assistance of a school crossing guard. Please do not “cross” your child at any area other than the corner with the assistance of a school crossing guard. Doing so puts your child’s safety at risk.
- Our doors are open at 7:30 AM and the drop off area becomes most congested between 7:45 AM and 8:00 AM. If at all possible, plan to leave home early enough to arrive before 7:45 AM. Remember, school starts at 8:00 AM and students are penalized for excessive lateness.
- Please take kindly to the suggestions of school personnel in the morning. They are made with the safety of our children in mind.
- Please do not block driveways of our neighbors when visiting the school. Your cooperation in respecting our neighbors is greatly appreciated.
By adhering to the above procedures, you are helping to ensure the safety of all of our children. Your cooperation is not only greatly appreciated, but is necessary.