Election of 1800
The truth behind Federialsit
Why should the Federalist not be trusted?
The Federalist Party wants the federal government to have total control of the citizens of the United States. Protect yourself from the federalists' evil schemes. Federalists support aristocratic dictatorship. Federalist are advocates for a national debt, which they want citizens to be responsible for. In all of this oppression Federalist want to restrict citizens freedom of speech and press. These savages crave more control than King George III himself.
Vote Thomas Jefferson
To avoid this tyranny vote for Thomas Jefferson. Anti-Federalist are advocates for individual rights. The Bill of Rights, proposed by Anti-Federalist, protects individuals from the oppression of the central government.
- Henry is best know for his famous quote,"Give me liberty or give me death!"
- Patrick was a Bill of Rights advocate.
- Patrick turned down an opportunity to attend the Constitutional Convention, arguing that the Constitution's principles were "dangerous" and should not be ratified.
- Mason's concept of inalienable rights directly influenced the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson.
- George Mason supported local government, believing they were the best fit to govern and not a central government.
- Mason was a Virginia delegate in the Constitutional Convention.
John Adams did what?!
- John Adams defended British troops in the Boston Massacre trial.
- Adams had a reputation for being reckless and forceful, especially in politics.
- Adams was unpopular as president and even faced opposition in his own presidential cabinet.
- Adam's diary entries were laughed at during the Constitutional Congress.
By Brian Geller
September 28, 2015